Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Newbie shopping for FR

RV Direct, RV Wholesale or RV Direct Wholesale?

We are planning to purchase a new Flagstaff or Rockwood trailer and I have been looking at the 3 wholesalers listed in the thread title. Can anyone provide any feedback on which one I should or should not choose? Based on the total delivered price RV Direct Wholesale is leading in my mind.
NorthernAvLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I considered RV DIRECT...but never followed through with it. I bought local. They didn't carry the model I wanted.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:01 PM   #3

We just used RVW in Ohio and ae very pleased with the service and the price. they did not hit us with any extra charges and only pushed a little on the upgrades. They were reasonable with the upgrades I did go with.
Karl2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Newbie shopping for FR

Does anyone know if RV Direct requires full payment up front or if it is on delivery?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

You could also use those price quotes from any of those 3 wholesalers for leverage with a local RV dealer. I've read posts on other sites where buyers have done that and the local dealer matched the wholesaler's price, or at least came close.
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #6

Hey, Newbie here
After much research, we read that the prices RVW were very good. We priced a few Travel Trailers around town to back our research. So we went to RVW, loaded out a 2008 Rockwood 8317SS and sent this quote to the local dealers. Three of them said they would match the price of everything listed. A week and a half ago we took delivery of our new TT. Hope this helps.
Geaux Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 PM   #7
Newbie shopping for FR

Before I make a move I will try my local dealers but I am not holding out much hope. The local dealer is about $13,000 high on a $22000 unit. Even after I factor in a couple of thousand for shipping it is still a very long way for them to move. I am still looking for someone who has experience with RV Direct Wholesalers. Any one?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 AM   #8

Go to rv.net and check out My wholesale rv purchasing exprience. I read it this morning and am glad I'm not that guy.
hippie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 AM   #9
RAC

If you want, You can attach a link to better help people out. Just cut and paste the URL.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #10
RAC

Here is a link to the thread that Hippie cited over at RV.Net:

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...1.cfm#20421531
Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #11
RAC

After reading the article....wow, this guy has the patience of Job. I'd have been postal, and the owner would be wondering what the hell my lawyer was doing there on Monday Morning.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #12

Here are some directories from where you can find the information about traders, Dropshippers, buyers, sellers and wholesalers are as follows:
MRattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #13

I also purchased from RVW. Not sure I would do it again based on some issues I've had after the sale....

My salesperson -- Sheri Kizer -- ignored any attempts to contact her, and even after contact with the owner, I never got a response from her. For that matter, she didn't even give us the time of day when we picked up.

My biggest issue is how they have handled my title, and the fact that I never received it. My temp tag expired 5/10 and they finally agreed to send another one, which I got today. So my trailer has been sitting for almost 2 weeks since we couldn't legally take it on the road.

Another title was sent today, so hopefully this one will make it.

That may sound trivial to some, but the amount of time I have gone back and forth to simply get a resolution shows me a lack of customer support on their part.

Edit: My originally mailed title showed up today...courtesy of my neighbor, unfortunately he had been on vacation. RVW put the wrong address on the envelope. Hmm, attention to detail?

Days camped in 2009: 6
Days camped in 2010: 4
cwarren78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #14

we bought from rv direct. did down pmt and faxed the purchase order back to them on feb 25. was told by sales person that off line date would be april 20. we have reservations in florida on june 1 based on that date. i contacted her on april 18 to see about making payment and she didn't return my call. i called forest river with phone number i got from this forum. great gentleman told me completion day is may 16. rv direct didn't get our order to forest river till march 15--our order was lost somewhere for 3 weeks. forest river gentleman went way above expectations and was able to switch ours with one being built for someone in california--should be offline april 29. rv direct didn't even apologize for problems created for us. just acted like "all is well that ends well". very put out with rv direct and worried about how service will be till contract is cimpleted.
mcgoonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #15

Does anyone have any experience with RVoutletusa1 in Danville, Virginia? They seem to also offer good deals.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernAvLover View Post
Does anyone know if RV Direct requires full payment up front or if it is on delivery?
We order a Rockwood HW296 from RV Direct in March. They asked for a 10% downpayment when we ordered. Unit will be ready for Orlando delivery in 2-3 weeks.
ltkjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #17

I am in the process of purchasing through RV Direct. They require 10% when you order and full payment before delivery. They require the full payment when the unit is released from the factory to them. The sales team has been very courteous. My only issue with them is that they advertised 100% financing and could not provide that. I have a very high credit score, but they explained that I could not get the 100% financing because I did not live in the state where they do business. Sounds like a made up excuse, but otherwise, so far so good. I expect my unit delivered to my home within the next few weeks. Nobody could beat the price on the unit I wanted.
janegraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #18

We just purchased our new Georgetown 350 from RVdirect. Ordered it at the end of Jan with only $1k down and pick it up and paid the balance due when we could in mid-April. The unit was actually available at the end of March but we were not. It was a good experience, price couldn't be beat and we have had no issues so far. However, so far is only 2 wks. Again, only $1k down to order, balance at pick-up.
3junemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #19
2011 Berkshire 390bh

We bought our Berkshire from RV Direct. Excellent experience for us. We'd buy there again. We had excellent luck with them.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #20

RV Direct

Just bought a motor home from RV Direct. Yes you must pay before pick up. Can do cash or take their financing. Picked up in Orlando and very pleased. No one could come close to their price and could not believe we could purchase for that. Just took the first camping trip and so far so good. Very new at this but so far love our motorhome
loving life is offline   Reply With Quote