Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #101

Unless your camping next to friends, and even then people complaine about anyone not conforming to their idealistic camping experience!

People complain about big camper, diesel trucks, music, dogs, book readers, kids, tents, Harley's, drones and anything else you can imagine. I do not run into enough campers from hell to let it bother me when I do. At the end of the day, if I really want peace and absolute quite I will not go to the public place to get it. Something to be said about a good boon docking site!
Old 08-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #102

Neighbors from Hell is exactly why I never camp with family.
Them people wern't raised right.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:15 PM   #103

We sometimes go to a military campground and no ones around at night and mostly all the office does is collecting money. We have found to go in the late fall, winter and early spring. When it's crowded it is sometimes a problem. But hey it's a pretty campground.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:56 AM   #104
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRed52 View Post
Thoughts on dealing with RV neighbors from hell would be greatly appreciated.
Deal with them the same way you would the 'at home' neighbors from hell. After all, there is very little difference in the two save for your ability to move the RV.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:32 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikebubble View Post
I find that staying at State Parks rules out most of the "neighbors from hell". In a much younger life, I was a rowdy young camper on one poorly thought out occasion, and after a quick visit from an armed park ranger explaining our options....we quickly became model campers. Now I'm "all grown up" I really appreciate a nice well run State Park campsite where respect for one's temporary neighbors seems to be the rule of the campgrounds.
X2
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #106

We have never had a much of a problem with neighbors and sometimes I think that we might be the ones that folks that cause problems. That is a bit of a stretch, but without fail when we pull into the camp ground and my two boys tumble out of the truck i do look around and see the heads drop in disgust. Not always, but i will say when other family's with young kids are neighbors rather than retired folks I do feel better. I almost always try to do the same as the one of the previous poster said, introduce myself to the neighbors and apologize in advance. My kids are not hooligans and don't roam the campground un attended but they are loud and crazy sometimes at the campsite. If you are close, there is no doubt you would hear the multiple meltdown's that occur on a given weekend. Also if close enough You might think that the only words My wife and I know are "No" or "Stop That!".
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Also if close enough You might think that the only words My wife and I know are "No" or "Stop That!".
Hahaha, we have the same vocabulary.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #108

It gets better. My boys are 11 and 13 now, so the noise level has come down quite a bit over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prestonj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #109

As being someone who has been on both sides...one side i was young and dumb and drunk as hell and didnt care who i offended..Until of course my arse was caught by the park rangers lol.. Now im on the other side. I like sitting by a fire quietly and just enjoying the peace and quiet. BUT unless someone is REALLY being a douchebag and pushing the boundries of MY area then i pretty much let it go. The noise doesnt bother me unless its a bad case of rap playing to the point of the windows rattling i pretty much dont care. Then again i may be the minority here as i dont get my knickers in a bunch unless its really bad. Last week i was walking to the camp store when a car full of young adults came pulling up and the first female out of the car did a face plant right at my feet...Need less to say i was thinking oh thats gonna hurt in the morning...lol i didnt say much. Next another fine upstanding drunk almost fell at my feet trying to go for the door handle to the store. i politely held the door so he could stagger in and thought to myself man his head is gonna be hurting in the morning....lol yes they were loud as most drunks are...i think alcohol makes people deaf besides being drunk..lol.. but it really never bothered me as they werent personally in my space or trying to instigate a problem with me. And for the record i dont intimidate easily as im 6-4 260lbs and can handle myself quite well..lol but i look at life as being to short to get worked up over the small things in life. i guess thats just me
Lancaster NY
xman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:02 AM   #110
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryand View Post
Not always, but i will say when other family's with young kids are neighbors rather than retired folks I do feel better.

If you are close, there is no doubt you would hear the multiple meltdown's that occur on a given weekend. Also if close enough You might think that the only words My wife and I know are "No" or "Stop That!".
We're one of them retired couples camped beside you and don't mind a bit....

We raised kids too and when we see a meltdown I just smile and say to myself "been there... done that."

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:55 AM   #111

We too are part of the "Been there done that" group and we look back fondly of lifes misadventures and the times we have shared together through the years and remember what it was like.We always try to live by 2 rules 1on't sweat the small stuff.2:It's all small stuff.
searay245se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:19 AM   #112

If we expect quite we would stay home...... We do hope for respect it doesn't always happen..... but not much bothers us as we get older. Life is too short to let the little things bother you. Where we go the quite hours are enforced........ What one does during hours does not bother us.

I do not recommend confrontation it may be the last time you do ...... or you may become the villain & end up with major legal issues.

But everyone is different ......... and has different likes and dislikes.... fortunately it is rare that anyone has bothered us enough to want to leave or to get the managers or law enforcement involved.

But too do not expect peace & quiet at a 850 campsite 2500 permanent house sites, campground on the ocean with a water park ..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote