Old 08-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Based on the OP, I got the feeling that it already had been done. I read it differently than you, I guess.

For the OP and your follow-up, involve management and/or move on are your only realistic options. I agree that talking to most folks about poor behavior is a fool's errand- especially if alcohol is involved.
"What had already been done". I don't understand your point, even after re-reading the OP's post.

Look, my point was, it's not right IMO, to move and stick the next unknowing poor guy with a problem YOU need to address. Unless you confront morons like that, excluding using the cops or mgt. stepping in, the Cousin Eddy's will rule the day. Not on my watch, but then again, thats just me. You might move, not me.

Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #42
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
"What had already been done". I don't understand your point, even after re-reading the OP's post.

You said call the police or campground management and I said that I assumed that already had been done.

Meaning, I read the original post that they had already involved the campground management and that hadn't made much of a difference and that they were looking for additional ideas. My idea is that if you've already followed proper channels, you leave. There's no sense in being unhappy when, generally speaking, your abode has wheels. Use them.

Anything else that isn't clear?

Old 08-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #43

Ok, not to belabour a point, but can you direct me where the original poster called someone in. Maybe I missed it. From what he said, he related his expierence, what he did, what might other forum members might do. You suggested move, I said don't, and confront.

Chill, we just have different way to approch, thats all.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #44
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Ok, not to belabour a point, but can you direct me where the original poster called someone in. Maybe I missed it. From what he said, he related his expierence, what he did, what might other forum members might do. You suggested move, I said don't, and confront.

Chill, we just have different way to approch, thats all.
From the original post: "Thankfully the campground we are at has rules about leaving dogs in the RV and strictly inforces a 10pm quiet time"
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #45

I'll leave, I'm to old to fight. Camping is fun if I have a problem and the owner or management can't take care of it I just don't come back. We all meet people like the OP was talking about, DW and I forget about them and remember all the nice campers we meet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I'll leave, I'm to old to fight. Camping is fun if I have a problem and the owner or management can't take care of it I just don't come back. We all meet people like the OP was talking about, DW and I forget about them and remember all the nice campers we meet.
AMEN. So do we.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #47

I had to put up with a howling dog for hours. We had to leave the campgrounds for a few hours. When they returned in the evening they were told it was against the rules to leave dogs in the RV. Later they let their dog off leash to poop on our site without bothering to pick it up. Of course I stepped in the pile. I reported them for leaving the dog in the trailer, having their dog off leash, not cleaning up their dogs mess, and for noise violations. Management took care of each issue. I'm delighted I have one day here without them as neighbors.
RickRed52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Yes, we have all experienced the proverbial "neighbors from hell". I suggest that you do not confront them yourself, this most likely will result in more loud noise, louder talking and perhaps more late night disruption to you peace and quiet.
The ONLY way to deal with this nasty situation is to have a private talk with the campground owners/ management. Tell them you want to remain anonymous. They, after all, have the authority to control the campground environment and since they set the rules, they are responsible for enforcing them. If they refuse to take responsibility, you can aways demand your $$ back and find another campground! I wouldn't put up with this for 1 more minute!
This
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #49

Yep.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #50

well either complain at the campground office about it or leave. that's the thing about camping, you don't have to put up with it. if the management won't take care of it then leave and go else where. no way would I let someone else ruin my camping experience, especially when all I have to do is leave it's not worth ruining what should be a relaxing time

ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote