)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:13 AM   #62
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandl View Post
Nooooo...
It could be fun!! Especially on Movie Night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11889428_10205929237404175_4871428468980462330_n.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	86110  

Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:24 AM   #63
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
It could be fun!! Especially on Movie Night.
For sure. Haven't made it yet - still on the bucket list.
)
kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:10 AM   #64

We were at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach in the middle of July where there is no peace and quiet. A lady to my right and behind asked me to turn my music down. I assure you I had it at a moderate volume. I got up and walked over to her site and I could barley hear it but I guess just the fact that they could hear it bothered them so rather than get in a ( ) match with them I turned it off. Later that day I could hear their music but I said nothing. My peace and quiet is listening to my music and sipping on a craft beer but I had to give that up to maintain civility in the CG. It always works both ways and there is always that person. Sometimes you are that person
Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #65

I have mixed feeling about this thread because I've been on both sides--the "party site" and the "site that thinks the neighbors are too loud." I guess it depends on the setting. As stated earlier about NASCAR events--if you think you're going to a NASCAR event for a peaceful quiet camping experience, than you have unreasonable expectations--NASCAR is a big drinking party that has an inconvienient race thrown into the middle of it. So don't go to the infield if you're not willing to participate in the revelry, or at least put up with it. (This coming from a guy that does not go to NASCAR events, even though I live 15 miles from the Pocono track, which has the reputation for being the biggest infield party on the circuit.) The same holds true when we do our off-road events at the local off-road park: people go there to wheel, and partying after is almost 2nd nature. We actually set up our campers in a "courtyard" set-up (2 campers parallel and one blocking off the end) to keep the noise inside. I've already walked out into the lot with our party going (music, people talking, laughing, etc) and you can't hear anything. So we do try to be considerate.

Now if I'm in an RV park or CG, then it's way more toned-down, quite time type camping, and I will purposely walk away from my site to make sure the noise isn't noticeable. I think its about having consideration for your neighbors, but also considering your setting. If you're in Rome, you're gonna party like the Romans. But if I'm somewhere with a more resonable expectation of quiet, I'll keep it down, and I have no problem either telling people or being told to keep it down. If the alcohol-drinking people next to you bother you (at least in PA,) you have the option of using PA State Parks, which are (still) alcohol prohibited areas.

Common sense. Rational thought. Rare, I know.
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium (gulping gas again, camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Congrats on your 1,000th post!
Why thank you, thank you very much. Elvis has left the building, for now!
Old 08-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I have mixed feeling about this thread because I've been on both sides--the "party site" and the "site that thinks the neighbors are too loud." I guess it depends on the setting. As stated earlier about NASCAR events--if you think you're going to a NASCAR event for a peaceful quiet camping experience, than you have unreasonable expectations--NASCAR is a big drinking party that has an inconvienient race thrown into the middle of it. So don't go to the infield if you're not willing to participate in the revelry, or at least put up with it. (This coming from a guy that does not go to NASCAR events, even though I live 15 miles from the Pocono track, which has the reputation for being the biggest infield party on the circuit.) The same holds true when we do our off-road events at the local off-road park: people go there to wheel, and partying after is almost 2nd nature. We actually set up our campers in a "courtyard" set-up (2 campers parallel and one blocking off the end) to keep the noise inside. I've already walked out into the lot with our party going (music, people talking, laughing, etc) and you can't hear anything. So we do try to be considerate.

Now if I'm in an RV park or CG, then it's way more toned-down, quite time type camping, and I will purposely walk away from my site to make sure the noise isn't noticeable. I think its about having consideration for your neighbors, but also considering your setting. If you're in Rome, you're gonna party like the Romans. But if I'm somewhere with a more resonable expectation of quiet, I'll keep it down, and I have no problem either telling people or being told to keep it down. If the alcohol-drinking people next to you bother you (at least in PA,) you have the option of using PA State Parks, which are (still) alcohol prohibited areas.

Common sense. Rational thought. Rare, I know.
X2 - Very well said
'01 Exiss 300MT Weekender
Lori the Best Half - Katie the dog: keeping me in line.
rclogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #68

X3
Old 08-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNanMinn View Post
. There are laws in most states about leaving pets unattended like that in campers. That can be used as a "tool" for some leverage to get your campground managers to do something too. .
Not to be diasagreeable, but leaving your dogs in a Camper is no different than leaving them in your house in the eyes of the law. If there is some type of neglect such as hot as Hades and no AC that is one thing. But a dog being in the camper is the same as being in your home. Noisey or not

Doesn't take away from the fact that it is rude to your fellow campers
Old 08-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #70
(Dry Huunday)

Yes, well said rclogg!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote