Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Based on the OP, I got the feeling that it already had been done. I read it differently than you, I guess.

For the OP and your follow-up, involve management and/or move on are your only realistic options. I agree that talking to most folks about poor behavior is a fool's errand- especially if alcohol is involved.
"What had already been done". I don't understand your point, even after re-reading the OP's post.

Look, my point was, it's not right IMO, to move and stick the next unknowing poor guy with a problem YOU need to address. Unless you confront morons like that, excluding using the cops or mgt. stepping in, the Cousin Eddy's will rule the day. Not on my watch, but then again, thats just me. You might move, not me.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #42
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
"What had already been done". I don't understand your point, even after re-reading the OP's post.

You said call the police or campground management and I said that I assumed that already had been done.

Meaning, I read the original post that they had already involved the campground management and that hadn't made much of a difference and that they were looking for additional ideas. My idea is that if you've already followed proper channels, you leave. There's no sense in being unhappy when, generally speaking, your abode has wheels. Use them.

Anything else that isn't clear?
Old 08-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #43

Ok, not to belabour a point, but can you direct me where the original poster called someone in. Maybe I missed it. From what he said, he related his expierence, what he did, what might other forum members might do. You suggested move, I said don't, and confront.

Chill, we just have different way to approch, thats all.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #44
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Ok, not to belabour a point, but can you direct me where the original poster called someone in. Maybe I missed it. From what he said, he related his expierence, what he did, what might other forum members might do. You suggested move, I said don't, and confront.

From the original post: "Thankfully the campground we are at has rules about leaving dogs in the RV and strictly inforces a 10pm quiet time"
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #45

I'll leave, I'm to old to fight. Camping is fun if I have a problem and the owner or management can't take care of it I just don't come back. We all meet people like the OP was talking about, DW and I forget about them and remember all the nice campers we meet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #46
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I'll leave, I'm to old to fight. Camping is fun if I have a problem and the owner or management can't take care of it I just don't come back. We all meet people like the OP was talking about, DW and I forget about them and remember all the nice campers we meet.
AMEN. So do we.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #47

I had to put up with a howling dog for hours. We had to leave the campgrounds for a few hours. When they returned in the evening they were told it was against the rules to leave dogs in the RV. Later they let their dog off leash to poop on our site without bothering to pick it up. Of course I stepped in the pile. I reported them for leaving the dog in the trailer, having their dog off leash, not cleaning up their dogs mess, and for noise violations. Management took care of each issue. I'm delighted I have one day here without them as neighbors.
RickRed52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Yes, we have all experienced the proverbial "neighbors from hell". I suggest that you do not confront them yourself, this most likely will result in more loud noise, louder talking and perhaps more late night disruption to you peace and quiet.
The ONLY way to deal with this nasty situation is to have a private talk with the campground owners/ management. Tell them you want to remain anonymous. They, after all, have the authority to control the campground environment and since they set the rules, they are responsible for enforcing them. If they refuse to take responsibility, you can aways demand your $$ back and find another campground! I wouldn't put up with this for 1 more minute!
This
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #49

Yep.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:45 PM   #50

well either complain at the campground office about it or leave. that's the thing about camping, you don't have to put up with it. if the management won't take care of it then leave and go else where. no way would I let someone else ruin my camping experience, especially when all I have to do is leave it's not worth ruining what should be a relaxing time
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:47 PM   #51

if you aren't going to complain to campground staff or f campground staff doesn't ALL of the problems, then pack up and leave and go else where. why let it ruin your camping experience when you can just simply pack up and go
ValMelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #52

Quote:
"Not all people who drink all day and night are completely inconsiderate of others."

Lets say your right. Lets hope they don't camp near me, thank you.
Congrats on your 1,000th post!
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #53

About 4 years ago, our last night to stay on a trip, we went to bed early. We had a 12 hour drive home the next day and we wanted to get a good night sleep and pull out early the next morning. About 10:30 pm, somebody pulled in to the site next to mine. Now, I've pulled in late at night before too, so I can't say that is wrong. But when it's that late, all I do is back/pull in, hook up water and electric and do the rest in the morning. If I have to unhook, I'll do it as fast as I can.

This BOZO (I'm being nice), left his unmufflered diesel truck running for at least 20 minutes, pulled his awning out, drove metal stobs in the ground, and sounds like he was assembling a swing set for at least 45 minutes. And yes, it was raining so he had to yell at his kids too to get out of the rain and help him set up.

So, it quieted down about midnight.

About 6:00 am the next morning, I held no noise levels down before leaving. I had hooked up and had everything done except the water and electric cable to roll up. But I couldn't resist raising/lowering/raising my stab jacks, opening and closing(slamming) doors, testing my horn, throwing some stuff in the back of the truck, talking loud...

But you know, I doubt they heard a thing.

Some people just don't have a clue. They live in their own little world. I have always tried to treat others as I would want to be treated. But to some, they don't know they are bothering anybody.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 08-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #54

You hit the nail on the head. There are a number of people who give no thought to other people. Life is all about them and if you try to tell them otherwise they become hostile. It's miserable to be within a mile of those fokes.
RickRed52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:01 PM   #55

Something similar happened with me two years ago in a UT state park campground. The camp host would not answer the door when I went to complain; it was a family reunion that I happened to camp in the middle of.

At around 6 I started to bundle up the popup and made sure I used my drill on the four stabs, and had to raise and lower them a few times since I had to lubricate them too.
Best part was I woke up the kids in their trailers and they started to cry. They just glared at me; camp host came over to ask what I thought I was doing, I said leaving, and oh by the way, where were you last night. Told him to call the park ranger if he had a problem. He didn't.
So yes, you can get even

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
Something similar happened with me two years ago in a UT state park campground.
So yes, you can get even
It's sad for me to say, but I didn't enjoy doing what I did because I'm sure others around me might have been disturbed. And I'd bet a dollar, the one's the noise was intended for, weren't disturbed.

I will go on and say that for the most part, I have had campers parked next to me that left or came in during the night or early morning, and I never heard them. They are in the majority of what I consider true campers.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 08-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #57

Let's face it... if someone has to tell you to quiet down, you're a problem. In some of these parks, they've utilized every square inch of space and the sites are too close. I don't stay in those places except overnight. But if I'm in a spot where I plan to stay for a few days, I don't put up with much. I do my best not to cause problems for others, and expect the same. I'm NOT willing to lay awake at night when I want to fish the next day or have a long drive facing me. It doesn't bother me in the least to tell someone to keep it down. It would bother me badly if someone rightly had to say the same to me... but that's me, and I know it's some of you, too.

I had a camper 4 sites down come and tell me that my fire was bothering him. Uh... I'm camping. I will have a fire and sit quietly by it even on winter nights. Four sites down?!?! No noise?!?! Some folks can be a bit too wound up in themselves. That's the only time anyone has said anything to me other than being friendly. I told him he needed to move because a camp fire was part of camping... and my time off is just as valuable to me as his was to him. He didn't... and the ranger came by the next morning to tell me I had been reported for disturbing the peace. The folks next to us had witnessed the exchange and laughed at the guy. They came and spoke to the ranger on my behalf. He then asked the complainer to move or leave. I don't think I was out of line...

One other time I was playing an acoustic guitar and my daughter and I were singing, (quietly rehearsing for a family wedding). We drew a crowd of about 30, but quit about 9:00 PM. Some of the folks stayed and visited with us for a few minutes. Most said how much they enjoyed our music, which was strictly unplugged... no mics or amps... and we quit an hour before quiet time. Next morning, I was told by the park management not to play outdoors again. The crowd was never loud, just sat and listened... but they did applaud once. I asked them not to do that so as not to disturb anyone... and they complied. We were there the next night and people came around, and asked us to play... but we complied with the managers wishes. Were we out of line?
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:56 PM   #58
Always Learning

Quote:

Chill? You're not reading my posts (or comprehending them, at least)- we have the same approach; contact management and let them deal with it.

Let's say you, Still Kickin, do contact campground management and nothing changes; what is your next course of action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
From the original post: "Thankfully the campground we are at has rules about leaving dogs in the RV and strictly inforces a 10pm quiet time"

Thanks, OC. This and the remainder of the post implied that they had contacted mgmt and were able to have some change, but that there was still a lot of noise from the offending party.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:03 AM   #59
Who Dares, Wins

We've been lucky with pretty good times camping.

Had a domestic between husband a wife on OUR site.. Literally outside our tent's door at 6am. Tey were screaming and husband was ready to start swinging until a friend pulled him awat. That was in VA.

Parked in the last spot at a TT in VA (must be a Virginia thing... LOL). We were so happy to be along the lake and all setup.. Then the sun went down... Next thing the music starts, strobe lights and lasers...Yes LASERS!! They had techno music playing and lights strung up between 6 trailers running what looked like a rave going on until 1am. WTF?!??! LOL

Last, and best... We statyed at a cash only "campground" in Allentown, PA while we were diving nearby. Many of the trailers had mail delivery and mailbox... Should have been a clue. We pulled into our un-level site missing its water connection.. If was ripped off and duck taped up. No prob, easy fix with a splitter... Then the neighbor comes out to her lawn chair with her radio (she was prob 70 or 80). For the next 6 hours she played, on repeat over and over, Cotton Eyed Joe while pounding Michelob Ice cans one at a time. By the nigh the pile of empties was large and we all knew the words to the song by heart! LOL

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:17 AM   #60
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Try camping next to the Tiki Hut!!!
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote