Old 04-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #1

Question RV park dimensions.

Will be picking up our new 2104S. Our first RV. Our tow vehicle F-250 with an over all length of 22'. Our 2104 is 21'8" giving me a over all legnth of about 44'. Is this going to be a problem at RV parks?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #2

Congrats! You will be fine though my rig is a F350 crew cab long bed with a 30' trailer. It's tight sometimes but I've never had a problem. Enjoy!

Old 04-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
H2oski

Typically you get a campgroung site by rv size. There usually is enough room to park your vehicle. If not the campground will have a parking lot. Sometimes if I'm going I just ask when I make my reservations. I'm at about 50 foot.

Welcome to the forum
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedaniel View Post
Congrats! You will be fine though my rig is a F350 crew cab long bed with a 30' trailer. It's tight sometimes but I've never had a problem. Enjoy!
Inferior your pain - 42' fifth wheel and Ram 3500 crew cab long bed dually. Bumper to bumper we're about 58 1/2' long.

Yes, there are some campgrounds that scare me. In fact, my childhood love of a campground (Pine Grove Furnace State Park in PA) is one. I can't imagine trying to get in/around in there. I wouldn't have believed it possible if i hadn't talked to a toy hauler owner who is only 7" shorter camper wise (shorter truck, though, too- short bed/quad cab).

But, I also feel like we're the extreme length-wise and most other people don't have to worry!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas flamingo View Post
Will be picking up our new 2104S. Our first RV. Our tow vehicle F-250 with an over all length of 22'. Our 2104 is 21'8" giving me a over all legnth of about 44'. Is this going to be a problem at RV parks?
You shouldn't have any trouble at all with such a short trailer.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #6

We have a F150 with a 34' TT only had a problem in on CG. In formed the staff of trailer length, they assured me I would have no problem getting in to the drive through site. They were wrong. After getting the trailer parked discovered that they had cut down a tree and left a 1' stump in the long grass at the entrance to the site. The trailer wheels were tight against the stump when going in. I saw the tracks in the grass. If I had cut the corner by a couple of inches I would have hit the stump. Lesson learned check tall grass before entering site. The campground we are seasonal at have pull through site 75' long so you can leave your trailer hooked up if only staying for one night. The sites are also angles so you have no sharp turns to take.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
Now a "Top Member"

Welcome Flamingo! We're up the Eastex Highway a bit from you. You're actually on the short side. Sounds like you got a long bed truck, but the camper isn't really that long. The worst time I ever had so far (besides my driveway) was at Lake Livingston State Park. The sites were plenty big, but getting into them proved to be quite an adventure. The roads were narrow (much like my home), and it took a lot of in and out and try again. I think I even had to go around the loop once (again, much like my driveway) and start all over.

Anyway, for the most part, you should not have any problems. My current setup is over 50', and there hasn't been anywhere I couldn't get in yet.
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #8

The amount of "trouble" you will have with your rig is directly related to your experience with it.

Your trailer length is short enough that you shouldn't have problems finding a site at any campground. Around 24 feet is the cut off most places seem to use before you have to go into the "big" slots (IE: less of them available).

Getting it into that site is a different story.

I would suggest you load up one weekend and head to a local parking lot that is either a closed store or is relatively empty. Take some pylons/posts/ whatnot with you and set up some obstacles to maneuver around and in to. This is practice that will serve you well when you get that campground with tight turns or close sites.

If this is a new rig (IE: hitch, trailer, etc), it is probably also worth your while to download the hitch setup manual and verify it is all correct (measurements, etc) while sitting on level ground. Parking lots are great for this and dealers are notorious for getting the setup wrong (IE: setting up hitches to what they think is right rather than the manufacturers directions).

My rig is 34 feet bumper to hitch and the truck is right around 20-21 feet (K2500 ECLB) and I have no problem maneuvering it around, but I'm practiced at it. I've seen guys with 21 foot trailers unable to get into spots I can do relatively easily.

Practice, practice, practice. Trust me, it can save your marriage!

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote