Old 04-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
As a former city planner I can tell you somebody talked to a council member or city manager to get this on the radar. I encoyrage you to make an appointment with one or all the elected officials. Often these matters go before the planning and zoning boards for recommendation before they go to counsil for a vote. Find out your process and meet with those who make these decisions. Come armed with pics and so forth and at the very least if you think you are going to lose, suggest ways to allow you time to load and unload your RV at your home. I have seen subdivision regs give folks a 4 or 5 day window before and after trips and so forth. A letter is not going to get it here, meetings might and if you can hire a land use attorney bring him or her too. Good luck with fighting this soft tyranny......

Bob, Tonya and the kids
11 Rockwood Roo 233S
08 Grady White Seafarer 228
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Flintstones View Post
The Town of Danvers is in the process of enacting rv parking restrictions. The effort is being spearheaded by my next door neighbor. The current proposals under consideration would prohibit the parking of my new Cardinal fifht wheel on my driveway or in my back yard due to side setbacks.

I was looking for any advice on how to proceed, advice on my rights, and any resources that may be available to me to defend my ability to be an rv'er.

Thanks for any and all input as I am very very concerned about this.

Im in Canada so I can't offer any advice.....but I did want to say that annoying neighbors are THE WORST!!

2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote