Old 06-12-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
Maybe people no longer trust our government and want to go off the grid LOL

justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #12
Had the same number of shipments in 2013 as in 1999 and 2003 for a little perspective. 390 was reached in 2006. Will probably pass that next year so it will have taken 10 years to make the comeback. I bought my first in 2009 at the lowpoint for the decade. Then my 2nd in 2010 and never had a problem with it in five years. May have had better quality control maker fewer units.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #13
Site Team - Lou
Gas is supposed to Yo-Yo later this year.

That should slow things down some...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #14
I think people are just sick of redictlous hotel/motel rates, bed bugs ect! I know that was a factor for us. Wife and I have been looking at tt since we were married (8years). I Got put on VA disability, and Disability Retirement from the State of North Carolina, after 13 years as a Detention Officer in the local county jail. Going to try to get it paid for before my wife retires, then hit the road!
maxjr758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:21 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Yes, we've noticed how full the Colorado State Parks have been when making reservations, especially if one or more of the nights wanted is on the weekend.

Maybe it is because of the Baby Boomers are getting older and wanting to explore America, the greatest nation on earth! (And I've been to 18 other countries so I think I know what I'm talking about! God Bless the USA!)
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:22 AM   #16
Another thing affected by increased sales of RV's is availability of service. Service lots are packed to the brim. Getting in and out can take forever, even during the off season.
David Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:05 AM   #17
Originally Posted by David Providence View Post
Another thing affected by increased sales of RV's is availability of service. Service lots are packed to the brim. Getting in and out can take forever, even during the off season.

That statement is not an overgeneralization and a great reason to locate an independent repair professional. You would be surprised how many are willing to take warranty reimbursement and I have never had an issue with authorization from the factory. IMO, IF the local dealer is not committed to expanding their service department to keep up with their huge increases in sales, no reason to buy local…two way street.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:06 AM   #18
Actually, things are not booming. This is what I see as an rv transporter. This Thursday, Hourglass transport closed their yard due to lack of business. Hoosier transport in Elkhart has a yard that would easily hold 300 trailers. I was there yesterday and they had about 10 trailers to ship. There are drivers who have been sitting in the Walmart parking lot in Goshen for a week waiting for a load. Plants normally shut down for 2 weeks in July but some have also shut down for a week in June this year. Lippert says that production is lower than anticipated. Things normally slow down but this is very early for a slow down.
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:56 AM   #19
Originally Posted by donhillphoto View Post
I may have to invest in land and infrastructure and set up RV resorts. Makes cents!
My husband and I were just discussing the same. We would need investors though, since we don't have a couple of million to throw around. The area where we are would be perfect as the other two major RV parks in our area do a booming business and we are close to I-75 in north central Florida. Near a great college town with a lot of sports, plays and other cultural activities going on all year round, as well as many rivers and springs to canoe or kayak on. Also, 90 minutes or less to either coast, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and two hours to Tampa.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #20
I always have to set up on Tuesday to get sites for the weekend. It is kind of rough spending 100 bucks to camp 2 nights every time I go.

It makes me wonder why camp sites allow reservations when they can make this sort of money.

RPod 183g
2013 F150 FX4 EB
RooVader is offline   Reply With Quote