Old 01-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #31
Usually Confused Member
Interesting comments about how people keep up with this info. I got used to detailed record keeping through years of aircraft ownership (where it's required). Then, a few years back I survived an IRS audit which actually resulted in the gubment owing me money. Unfortunately, I would have gotten more money back had I had more detailed records/receipts on a few items. Oh well, live and learn. Keep a lot more stuff now and it's easier to keep the info in a database. It only takes a few minutes a day to keep up.

For the trailer I keep all receipts for additions, repairs or mods, mainly if I need warranty work. Since the records are kept in a database program it's easy to find them by searching for date, vendor, part name or number, etc.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:43 PM   #32
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Never had a dealer or anyone ask anything about our trade in.....other than year, model & does everything work...
I wasted my time driving my 5er around to find they only give you blue book. No matter what options are in the coach or you have added. So it doesn't matter if you take care or improve the unit when it comes to dealers.

Mike and Cathy
Riverview, Fl
justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:51 PM   #33
I don't keep permanent records of anything other than those receipts I need for warranty coverage. I put those in a file folder so I know where to look for them and periodically go through the folder to discard those I no longer need. For somethings like repacking bearings or adjusting brakes I see no reason to keep receipts since it is something I do annually. I do calculate my mileage at each fill up just to be sure it is within the normal range but I don't track it.

2015 F150 Ecoboost
2014 Palomini 142 CK
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote