Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
We never fail to see something new or different at the RV show in Belleville, IL. This year it was some small trailers called Retro and manufactured by Riverside RV. Here are a couple of pics of the Retro.

The Model 155.
Attachment 46592

The model 177
Attachment 46593

More than one floorplan we walked through had a fridge mounted so high that the freezer would have been next to useless for my five foot tall wife. Here’s a pic of a high mounted fridge in a Jayco fifth wheel. Notice how close to the ceiling the top of the fridge is.

Attachment 46594

I like the RV show in Belleville because many of these dealers aren’t at the St. Louis RV show. This year there seemed to be more travel trailers than years past, and many of those were fairly short trailers (22 feet and under). There were just a handful of motor homes at the show.

Not counting a small tear drop trailer, the cheapest trailers were in the $12,900 price range. The cheapest fifth wheel was a bunkhouse model by Palomino Puma at $25,900. We enjoyed the show but the Silverback we currently own fits our needs and wants so perfectly that nothing we saw tempted us.
Thanks for the photos. I think those retros are really cool. A big group of them has a rally every year at a campground we frequent in N.C. I think most of theirs are actually classic trailers and not new ones. Interesting group. They are very proud of their campers and do amazing things in decorating them.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show