Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #1

Rv Show In PA

Headed to Reicharts Camping center to day in Hanover PA for another show. They are a Forstriver, Hartland dealer.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #2

So....Rockwood06...did you end up getting a new trailer?
hitchngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #3

No..... I am afarid not, the selection was poor and the prices were too high. I used my camper as a starter. I know prices have gone up over the last three years. My camper for this year was listed for $33,450, the sale price at to days RV show in PA was selling for $28,000. At the RV show in MD the same camper was selling for $24,300. I did look at a Big Horn 5th wheel by Hartland and it was quality all the way. Priced around $36,000 with three slide outs and NO Concertone, Jensen is what is used and there camper. The cabinets are made by hand and stained by the Amish, really like nice, but not ready for a 5th wheel yet.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchngo View Post
So....Rockwood06...did you end up getting a new trailer?
By the way,to FRF.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #5

That is too bad! I guess they just figured they would sucker some people in for a deal! I have always found that the rv shows are where you get the best prices.
hitchngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #6

After I posted yesterday about the so called "RV Show", my wife and I were talking about the selection they offered, she infourm me that when we pulled out of there lot the sign said "SPRING CLEARANCE SALE"....Ok, I got it, it's the stuff that wouldn't sell so I see why the inventory was poor, but the prices?????
Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #7

I only live a few miles from them and found there prices to be on the high side, but so are the others in this area I think they talk to one another to keep prices on the high side that's why I went to South Coralina to purchase mine save thousands of dollars by doing so. Reicharts do have pretty good service and are very friendly bunch that help me out more than once with warranty work even though I didn't purchase from them. The York area rv shows is coming March 6 7 8 I may go to that one and check it out.
cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma659 View Post
I only live a few miles from them and found there prices to be on the high side, but so are the others in this area I think they talk to one another to keep prices on the high side that's why I went to South Coralina to purchase mine save thousands of dollars by doing so. Reicharts do have pretty good service and are very friendly bunch that help me out more than once with warranty work even though I didn't purchase from them. The York area rv shows is coming March 6 7 8 I may go to that one and check it out.

I didn't know that York had an RV show, I thought that was the one that was moved to Hershey in the fall. As far as Reicharts that is the only place I have bought campers from so far once in 2000 and then in 2006, and I agree the people there are great I know the service manager well, Lloyd is a real nice service manager to deal with. I just remembered, it was the Harrisburg RV show that was moved to Hershey.....So tell me where is the show in York I might go as well. I have to make a trip to PA anyway to watch my Daughter play Lacross for her college that weekend.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #9

It's at the York fair grounds
http://www.yorkrvshow.net/
cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote