Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2019, 06:06 PM   #61

Before we moved from Cincinnati we enjoyed going to the Dayton RV show. However, the last time I went - 2 years ago - I was a little disappointed in what was displayed. I was looking for a bumper-pull, non-bunk house model and there were maybe 2 on the floor. They have moved the show from the Airport Expo Center to a different site, so I don't know if there'll be more displays or not. When I looked at their web site the other day I was a little surprised that Camping World wasn't listed as an exhibitor, despite their acquisition of Tom Raper RV.
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:30 PM   #62

Just back from the Western New York RV show in Hamburg. We bought a new TT last year. We were looking for a rear living and they had 7 different models. This year only saw 2, just goes to show how different the same show is year to year. New trends I noticed this year in all Rvs. More interior LED lighting. Lights on the bottom of recliners, tables, and just about anywhere you can put a string of LEDs. Even the stove knobs are now illuminated. Saw many models with bathrooms that span the entire width of the camper making them nice and big. However a few models you need to go through the bathroom to exit the bedroom. Those models had bedroom exit doors so you could get to the rest of the camper if the bathroom was occupied by going outside, but I don't like that.
Hensley Hitch
Cabinfever97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #63

was just at the show in toronto ontario, i didn't end up getting the pleasureway,

so i went looking for something else, i'm really liking the sunseeker 2380ts on the transit chassie.

any thoughts on this camper?
Old 01-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
Saw many models with bathrooms that span the entire width of the camper making them nice and big. However a few models you need to go through the bathroom to exit the bedroom. Those models had bedroom exit doors so you could get to the rest of the camper if the bathroom was occupied by going outside, but I don't like that.
Sounds like a good idea for a full-width bathroom. I'm kind of wondering why they don't make one with the bathroom full-width in the rear like some of the Class A's. Who makes the TT with a full-width bathroom?
kluza2786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluza2786 View Post
Sounds like a good idea for a full-width bathroom. I'm kind of wondering why they don't make one with the bathroom full-width in the rear like some of the Class A's. Who makes the TT with a full-width bathroom?
Not sure because I wasn't really paying much attention to manufacturer. I'm sure if it was only one manufacture this year next year they will all go to similar floor plans. I was thinking the same about going across the rear. I think no matter where a full width bath goes there could be some pitfalls.
Hensley Hitch
Old 01-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #66
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
Not sure because I wasn't really paying much attention to manufacturer. I'm sure if it was only one manufacture this year next year they will all go to similar floor plans. I was thinking the same about going across the rear. I think no matter where a full width bath goes there could be some pitfalls.
My first camper, a 1978 Coachman Cadet 24, had a full-width rear bathroom.

It was nice and roomy, although 1/3rd of the width was closet and storage cabinets.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:29 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
My first camper, a 1978 Coachman Cadet 24, had a full-width rear bathroom.

It was nice and roomy, although 1/3rd of the width was closet and storage cabinets.
The first thing I noticed was the bath being more spacious with more storage. My thought was if this is going to be a trend why not increase the shower itself by a few square inches.
Hensley Hitch
Old 01-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluza2786 View Post
Coachmen Apex 249, at rear with door to outside. Has pocket door to separate toilet from rest of bathroom if desired.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show