Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #1
Villa Estate 392FLFB

RV Skirting

Who here has the fabric rv skirting? I am going to change to that so I have less hassle and more malleability then the sticks and foam! I have been looking at http://www.rvskirting.com/ as they have make and ship options and i dont think they are too expensive.

finished product looks like this

whats your guys' thoughts and opinion? also the bottom has a pocket to put a pipe in it to make it stay down better.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

I have seen them before. I dont think that is a bad options in case you have to pull out quicly again. Will it provide enough insulation for your needs would be my only question. Maybe run a small heater underneath or insulate your line really good.
mikegp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Villa Estate 392FLFB

well i insulate my lines with heat tapes and wraps so that should be okay. the biggest thing is that it would be a solid wind barrier underneath and any pockets like at the slides i could stuff with insulation. the foam stuff was nice and solid but was no way "wind proof" as the last freak snow storm we had enough power to tear off 7 sections of foam and i only every found four..

Id think that a skirt would add some resale value to the TT also. Still waiting to hear back an estimate or cost.

they are held on with turnbuckles and the slides use snaps so they can retract without tearing or damaging the seals. At the ground there is the bar to put in the pockets and strips that you can nail to the ground with a 1' spike etc.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 PM   #4

I think you are right on with these. I would say if the cost is good then I would go this route. These will probably solve alot of problems and let you enjoy camping. Especially not having to tear down the wood and foam to pull out and it blowing away.
mikegp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #5

I have used that company

A few months ago I ordered a skirt for my rv from that same company, put the skirt on and it was good. We went through Colorado just a lil bit ago and met them, the whole dang family works at skirting. Treated us to a BBQ dinner at Loveland RV Resort. Not Texas BBQ mind you but they were nice.

My skirt goes on in about 30 minutes, comes off quicker and we saved a heck of a lot of cash on propane while we were working in North Dakota. My friend is ordering a skirt this week from them. Good people, I know they would have the fabric you are looking for
JD
JD Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
Villa Estate 392FLFB

i think i will order one from these guys. free shipping until july 15th. just hope its not a first borne $$$ lol!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
Villa Estate 392FLFB

anyone have any other suggestions? the rvskirting guys have stopped answering my emails..
Old 10-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #8

EZsnapdirect.com
jdslacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #9

Neighbor has the custom made vinyl system on his huge 5er and a couple weeks ago it dropped to the teens and we had some high winds for about a day and a half. We were nice and toasty with the heater barely kicking on but the neighbor's vinyl was flying all over the place. It stayed attached just fine but it was flapping in the wind so much it was like he never put any up. I looked for myself and he had the pvc pipes in their sleeves, even has them filled with water.

This year I built a 1x2 frame and covered it with 3/4 styrofoam. The frame is attached to the Bottom of the TT with 90 degree brackets and I have a stud roughly every 2 feet. Wrapped the slide out with 2" plus 3/4" styrofoam in 1/3 frames made like a typical wall going to the top of the slide out on the ends and 5'8" tall (just under my windows) on the outside wall. Also added 4 inches to the non-insulated slide out floor. All of this in two afternoons by myself but it was well worth it. We have to have the a/c on when it's in the 40's outside. We don;t move our trailer so I realize this isn't ideal for someone who needs to take the skirting down often.

As for insulation value the styrofoam made a huge difference. I have my water line heat taped and insulated and it runs under my trailer. I made the mistake of leaving the thermostats underneath inside the insulation. The first time it dropped into the teens my line froze at the trailer connection. Apparently it stayed higher than 40 on the ground under there. As soon as I drug the thermostats outside into the cold the heat tape kicked on and thawed the line within a few minutes.