Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #1

RV Wholesaler experiences???

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and just looking for some information about others' experiences buying from RV Wholesalers. We made a deal on a sandpiper 365saq at the end of march, and were informed that it would be ready for delivery in mid April. Long story short, mid April came and went with no news about our camper.

At the beginning of May, I started making phone calls to find out what was happening, and it took me a full week (and lots of assertiveness ) before I found that the unit would not be delivered from the factory until around May 9. But I was able to book delivery for May 16, a month later than was promised at the time of purchase. Also, we use the camper for work accommodations during the spring, the busiest time of year for our business, so the delay cost us a good chunk of money. However, I expect that things don't always go as planned and we were excited to pick up our new camper.

After this experience, I was bit hesitant to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I started calling again last Friday (May 10) to make sure that the unit had been delivered from the factory and would be ready to go for our May 16th delivery. Once again, I was not able to get a hold of anyone and left a couple messages. I tried calling again on Saturday with no luck. This morning I called and refused to hang up until I got some information. Eventually I found out that the unit did not appear to be at the dealership, plus the delivery driver they had scheduled had quit, and they were unsure if they could deliver the unit even if it did happen to be ready by Wednesday. No one could give me any more information that that, and they have indicated they will call me back. However, I have heard that story before, and am skeptical that I will actually hear from them anytime soon.

So, we are now trying to figure our what our next move should be. We really need the camper, and its costing us hundreds of dollars each day that we don't have it. Plus, my husband and myself scheduled time off work this week in order to meet the delivery driver and pick up the unit, and it looks like that wont be happening now. Again, a significant cost for us. We are considering simply walking away from the deal and purchasing from our local dealer. However, we really like this camper and we got a great price from RVW. We really don't want this deal to fall through, but it is getting very close to costing us more than we saved and we don't have any concrete information from RVW as to whether or not they will even be able to supply this unit.

I guess we are trying to make some decisions, so I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with RVW? If so, were they eventually handled to your satisfaction, or are the "red flags" I am seeing a typical experience when dealing with this business? Any info you can give me is very much appreciated!

Old 05-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #2

Do a search for rvwholesalers and you will find, mostly, positive posts. In fact, you can find one of the owners, Dave Durnell, on here as ddurnell . Pm him and see results happen.
We bought a sabre from them and picked it up march 7th. The trip out and back, 850 miles each way, was fun and a great way to "learn" the camper.

Good luck, and Welcome to the forum!

jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #3

If you can afford to do so, my suggestion is don't walk, but RUN to a local dealer, based on my peronal experience w/ RVW

TJ, Paula, and Mickey the wonder dog
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crew Cab
TJfromfL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdoane View Post
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and just looking for some information about others' experiences buying from RV Wholesalers. We made a deal on a sandpiper 365saq at the end of march, and were informed that it would be ready for delivery in mid April. Long story short, mid April came and went with no news about our camper.

At the beginning of May, I started making phone calls to find out what was happening, and it took me a full week (and lots of assertiveness ) before I found that the unit would not be delivered from the factory until around May 9. But I was able to book delivery for May 16, a month later than was promised at the time of purchase. Also, we use the camper for work accommodations during the spring, the busiest time of year for our business, so the delay cost us a good chunk of money. However, I expect that things don't always go as planned and we were excited to pick up our new camper.

After this experience, I was bit hesitant to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I started calling again last Friday (May 10) to make sure that the unit had been delivered from the factory and would be ready to go for our May 16th delivery. Once again, I was not able to get a hold of anyone and left a couple messages. I tried calling again on Saturday with no luck. This morning I called and refused to hang up until I got some information. Eventually I found out that the unit did not appear to be at the dealership, plus the delivery driver they had scheduled had quit, and they were unsure if they could deliver the unit even if it did happen to be ready by Wednesday. No one could give me any more information that that, and they have indicated they will call me back. However, I have heard that story before, and am skeptical that I will actually hear from them anytime soon.

So, we are now trying to figure our what our next move should be. We really need the camper, and its costing us hundreds of dollars each day that we don't have it. Plus, my husband and myself scheduled time off work this week in order to meet the delivery driver and pick up the unit, and it looks like that wont be happening now. Again, a significant cost for us. We are considering simply walking away from the deal and purchasing from our local dealer. However, we really like this camper and we got a great price from RVW. We really don't want this deal to fall through, but it is getting very close to costing us more than we saved and we don't have any concrete information from RVW as to whether or not they will even be able to supply this unit.

I guess we are trying to make some decisions, so I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with RVW? If so, were they eventually handled to your satisfaction, or are the "red flags" I am seeing a typical experience when dealing with this business? Any info you can give me is very much appreciated!
We bought our 1st new tt from Rv Wholesalers. We had a wonderful experience with them. We didn't have a delay, so I'm thinking the holdup is probably the delivery driver that quit. Sorry to hear of your extra expenses. I know they will try there best to get it delivered for you as soon as they possibly can. We just love ours and would buy from them again. Good luck and like someone else stated, try and get ahold of Mr. Durnell.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #5

I just purchased from them and the experience was great...So far. I am expecting delivery on June 4th and there was no hesitation on their part. They called with an off line date from the manufacture. They stated that they would be cleaning it all up and adding the couple things I asked for and deliver it. My salesman was Dallas, I just go directly to him with any questions. Of course they are only bringing it about 4.5 hours from Columbus but they deliver everywhere. I only saw good reviews so I am hoping my experience is just as great.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #6

Absolute horrible experience..Run if you still can.They only seem to care when you order.After that you are a number..Will not recommend them to anyone.I dont have enough time to post why but thats jmo.....
Old 05-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #7

Our experience was great...until they had our money. After, not so much. We received our trailer pretty much as expected. (It was a day early, and I'd asked off for the day they'd confirmed so had to scramble to get home in time for the delivery.) My biggest grief was that the paperwork didn't come until after the paper plate expired, but we only lost one weekend of camping because of it. As one of the other posters said Dave Durnell is on here a fair amount. I'd suggest PMing him.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Senior Moment

Ordered new unit from them in Jan, was told 6-8 weeks and picked up first of March. Everything went great. Would buy from them again and would recommend them to anyone interested in not over paying or playing the negotiating game.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #9

We ordered our TT in mid November. Pickup January 26th. No problems at all. Most of our correspondence was by email. As many have suggested PM ddurnell. He will get things squared up for you. Good Luck.
Days camped 2012 - 14 (not enough); Days camped 2013 - 41 (May - 3; June-16; July-10; Aug.-12) Still not enough...
Days camped 2014 - 23
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #10

We've purchased four Rockwoods from RVW. No problems. Would do it again and would recommend them.