Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #1

RV Wholesaler experiences???

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and just looking for some information about others' experiences buying from RV Wholesalers. We made a deal on a sandpiper 365saq at the end of march, and were informed that it would be ready for delivery in mid April. Long story short, mid April came and went with no news about our camper.

At the beginning of May, I started making phone calls to find out what was happening, and it took me a full week (and lots of assertiveness ) before I found that the unit would not be delivered from the factory until around May 9. But I was able to book delivery for May 16, a month later than was promised at the time of purchase. Also, we use the camper for work accommodations during the spring, the busiest time of year for our business, so the delay cost us a good chunk of money. However, I expect that things don't always go as planned and we were excited to pick up our new camper.

After this experience, I was bit hesitant to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I started calling again last Friday (May 10) to make sure that the unit had been delivered from the factory and would be ready to go for our May 16th delivery. Once again, I was not able to get a hold of anyone and left a couple messages. I tried calling again on Saturday with no luck. This morning I called and refused to hang up until I got some information. Eventually I found out that the unit did not appear to be at the dealership, plus the delivery driver they had scheduled had quit, and they were unsure if they could deliver the unit even if it did happen to be ready by Wednesday. No one could give me any more information that that, and they have indicated they will call me back. However, I have heard that story before, and am skeptical that I will actually hear from them anytime soon.

So, we are now trying to figure our what our next move should be. We really need the camper, and its costing us hundreds of dollars each day that we don't have it. Plus, my husband and myself scheduled time off work this week in order to meet the delivery driver and pick up the unit, and it looks like that wont be happening now. Again, a significant cost for us. We are considering simply walking away from the deal and purchasing from our local dealer. However, we really like this camper and we got a great price from RVW. We really don't want this deal to fall through, but it is getting very close to costing us more than we saved and we don't have any concrete information from RVW as to whether or not they will even be able to supply this unit.

I guess we are trying to make some decisions, so I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with RVW? If so, were they eventually handled to your satisfaction, or are the "red flags" I am seeing a typical experience when dealing with this business? Any info you can give me is very much appreciated!
Gdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #2

Do a search for rvwholesalers and you will find, mostly, positive posts. In fact, you can find one of the owners, Dave Durnell, on here as ddurnell . Pm him and see results happen.
We bought a sabre from them and picked it up march 7th. The trip out and back, 850 miles each way, was fun and a great way to "learn" the camper.

Good luck, and Welcome to the forum!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #3

If you can afford to do so, my suggestion is don't walk, but RUN to a local dealer, based on my peronal experience w/ RVW

TJ, Paula, and Mickey the wonder dog
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L Crew Cab
TJfromfL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdoane View Post
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum, and just looking for some information about others' experiences buying from RV Wholesalers. We made a deal on a sandpiper 365saq at the end of march, and were informed that it would be ready for delivery in mid April. Long story short, mid April came and went with no news about our camper.

At the beginning of May, I started making phone calls to find out what was happening, and it took me a full week (and lots of assertiveness ) before I found that the unit would not be delivered from the factory until around May 9. But I was able to book delivery for May 16, a month later than was promised at the time of purchase. Also, we use the camper for work accommodations during the spring, the busiest time of year for our business, so the delay cost us a good chunk of money. However, I expect that things don't always go as planned and we were excited to pick up our new camper.

After this experience, I was bit hesitant to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I started calling again last Friday (May 10) to make sure that the unit had been delivered from the factory and would be ready to go for our May 16th delivery. Once again, I was not able to get a hold of anyone and left a couple messages. I tried calling again on Saturday with no luck. This morning I called and refused to hang up until I got some information. Eventually I found out that the unit did not appear to be at the dealership, plus the delivery driver they had scheduled had quit, and they were unsure if they could deliver the unit even if it did happen to be ready by Wednesday. No one could give me any more information that that, and they have indicated they will call me back. However, I have heard that story before, and am skeptical that I will actually hear from them anytime soon.

So, we are now trying to figure our what our next move should be. We really need the camper, and its costing us hundreds of dollars each day that we don't have it. Plus, my husband and myself scheduled time off work this week in order to meet the delivery driver and pick up the unit, and it looks like that wont be happening now. Again, a significant cost for us. We are considering simply walking away from the deal and purchasing from our local dealer. However, we really like this camper and we got a great price from RVW. We really don't want this deal to fall through, but it is getting very close to costing us more than we saved and we don't have any concrete information from RVW as to whether or not they will even be able to supply this unit.

I guess we are trying to make some decisions, so I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with RVW? If so, were they eventually handled to your satisfaction, or are the "red flags" I am seeing a typical experience when dealing with this business? Any info you can give me is very much appreciated!
We bought our 1st new tt from Rv Wholesalers. We had a wonderful experience with them. We didn't have a delay, so I'm thinking the holdup is probably the delivery driver that quit. Sorry to hear of your extra expenses. I know they will try there best to get it delivered for you as soon as they possibly can. We just love ours and would buy from them again. Good luck and like someone else stated, try and get ahold of Mr. Durnell.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #5

I just purchased from them and the experience was great...So far. I am expecting delivery on June 4th and there was no hesitation on their part. They called with an off line date from the manufacture. They stated that they would be cleaning it all up and adding the couple things I asked for and deliver it. My salesman was Dallas, I just go directly to him with any questions. Of course they are only bringing it about 4.5 hours from Columbus but they deliver everywhere. I only saw good reviews so I am hoping my experience is just as great.
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #6

Absolute horrible experience..Run if you still can.They only seem to care when you order.After that you are a number..Will not recommend them to anyone.I dont have enough time to post why but thats jmo.....
Rtazz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #7

Our experience was great...until they had our money. After, not so much. We received our trailer pretty much as expected. (It was a day early, and I'd asked off for the day they'd confirmed so had to scramble to get home in time for the delivery.) My biggest grief was that the paperwork didn't come until after the paper plate expired, but we only lost one weekend of camping because of it. As one of the other posters said Dave Durnell is on here a fair amount. I'd suggest PMing him.
JJFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #8
Senior Moment

Ordered new unit from them in Jan, was told 6-8 weeks and picked up first of March. Everything went great. Would buy from them again and would recommend them to anyone interested in not over paying or playing the negotiating game.
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #9

We ordered our TT in mid November. Pickup January 26th. No problems at all. Most of our correspondence was by email. As many have suggested PM ddurnell. He will get things squared up for you. Good Luck.
QuietTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #10

We've purchased four Rockwoods from RVW. No problems. Would do it again and would recommend them.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdoane View Post
Hi there,

I hate to be negative, but if you order a brand new camper at the end of March, and expect (or belive) that it will be in your driveway by mid April, you have a lot to learn about the RV industry. If you truly needed it for spring housing, you should have ordered it in January or purchased one off the lot.

I bought thru RVW and had my original delivery date moved twice. Poo occurs. In fact, me and a buddy ordered identical campers on the same phone call and he got his nearly 3 weeks ahead of me. With that being said, I had a very postive experince with RVW and would use them again. The thousands I saved more than made up for the delays.

I dont see what "decision" you have to make. You have a purchase contract with RVW. You cannot just walk away from it. It don't mean you have to be happy about it, but it is what it is.

tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
DDC

Quote""I hate to be negative, but if you order a brand new camper at the end of March, and expect (or belive) that it will be in your driveway by mid April, you have a lot to learn about the RV industry. If you truly needed it for spring housing, you should have ordered it in January or purchased one off the lot.'''

You just got to love it when it's the customers fault for believing the sales person representing the company selling the product.
If I order something and I get a date for delivery I expect that date has been obtained through product delivery knowledge, and, if a problem arises as we all know it can then the customer should be kept in the loop.
This OP has been screwed around probably by a bad sales person going by all the positive comments here and also if you look back to other treads on this subject you will see how helpful the owner of RVW has been in the past.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #13
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
You just got to love it when it's the customers fault for believing the sales person representing the company selling the product.
If I order something and I get a date for delivery I expect that date has been obtained through product delivery knowledge, and, if a problem arises as we all know it can then the customer should be kept in the loop.
This OP has been screwed around probably by a bad sales person going by all the positive comments here and also if you look back to other treads on this subject you will see how helpful the owner of RVW has been in the past.

Yes, in a perfect world you would think that a saleman would not lie, mis-represent, distort or mislead. However here on plant Earth, its best to treat salemen as Paid Liars.

Having re-read my original RVW contract, I see the following clause:

Quote:

Order Lead Times
When customer units are ordered, a lead time to completion is requested from the manufacturer.
These lead times will vary based upon many factors such as season, natural disaster, demand,
etc. These lead times are meant to be for estimation and are not exact schedule dates.
Refunds will not be granted based on lead times that exceed original estimates.

It will not be the responsibility of RVW if the customer orders an 2012 and receives an 2013
So if you get right down to it, the OP is at fault for thinking they were promised the unit on a certian date, when the contract clearly states that lead times are estimations. Lesson here people is READ THE CONTRACT! If it aint in writing, it didnt happen (legally). I dont care if the saleman promised you the moon and the stars... If it aint on paper, you don't have a leg to stand on.

Now with that being said, whats wrong expecting people to live up to the contracts that they agreed to? My wife deals with grown adult people all day long who signed a legal contract and then gets all up in a flutter because they didnt know, understand or care what they agreed to.

I'm sorry the OP didnt get their unit when they expected/wanted. But they will get it as agreed. I really fail to see how they are being screwed.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #14
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Didn't I cover that with the last paragraph.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #15

Nothing but positive experiences from RVW here. Would definitely do business with them again. Any time you are ordering a camper in Spring, you can expect delays. Stuff happens and it's the busy season. Keep in mind that you are asking a salesperson to give you a delivery date on a unit that isn't even built yet and requires going through lot's of other people that are not under his control. If the manufacturer calls and says, "Hey, we're a couple weeks behind on getting units out", exactly what do you propose a salesman should do? If a driver quits, do you expect to be prioritized in front of other deliveries that were scheduled before you? Hopefully this isn't coming across as harsh, but sometimes things are just out of our control. In the future, I'd recommend getting a unit they have on the lot if you depend on it for your income. Then you are not at the mercy of manufacturing delays and would be less likely to encounter problems.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #16

I find it hard to believe that the OP's plans for the rig is for their business and ordered one month before their "busy" season. Shame on them then for not planning things out better, especially if they are business people themselves. Or as already posted they should've bought something off of the lot or better yet dealt with the local dealer who they then could've used to network their business locally.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #17
Site Team

i agree about the bad planning. to order a RV, at the busiest sales time the entire year and expecting quick delivery, is not wise.
the spring is the absolute biggest RV sales period of the entire year, since most buy then for the upcoming summer. and it's also the worst time to expect to get a great price, since dealers have lots of customers wanting to buy.
therefore, if you don't buy off the lot and order one from the factory, then you have to expect delivery problems, since there's no telling how many units are getting ordered. the factory could be flooded with orders and are working around the clock to get them done.

i also feel, that it's the worse time to order from the factory because i'll bet that the quality control will not be as good, since they're under pressure to get the units pumped out as fast as possible.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #18
RVWholesalers Representative

Gdoane,
If you send me your name I will get this taken care of for you right away. I offer the same thing to anyone on here that has had a bad experience with RVWholesalers. Simply put we don't have unhappy customers "IF" we know about them. I won't allow people to be unhappy. I will do what it takes that is in my power to make things right. Please contact me and let's get this figured out. Thank you for your business, and to all of you who took the time to give your positive experiences, thank you very much! You did not have to do that and I and my staff as well as our families are very appreciative. Again, please contact me so I can help you out! Thanks- David Durnell
Old 05-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #19

Wow, RV Wholesalers wants to make their customers happy....hmmm...I might question happy. We purchased a camper, arrived to do inspection, found items that had to be fixed w/ the camper. Took over two months to get the camper fixed. We had made a payment on the camper and did not even have it. We even had to pay for the gas to see the generator work!! Funny part about that, it was checked that it was tested out. How can you test a generator w/out putting gas in it. So therefore, we had to buy 5 gals of gas to see it work. Our camper was to have a water filteration kit and it didn't. We asked about it and we were told, go buy your own. Wow and it was suppose to come w/ the camper. We have had the camper for a year and it just keeps falling apart. Radio works when it wants, the plastic around the shower has cracked, we are on the third shower head, the trim around the beds falls off. I guess you just live and learn. Will not go back to RV Wholesalers and will not buy that brand of camper again. An awful lot of $$ for something so cheaply made. Live and learn and just make the best of it.
Firepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 PM   #20

I'm in the middle of dealing with RVW right now and would be sitting in my new 5th wheel today but the driver that brought it down from the plant didn't lock in the king pin and dropped the trailer on the bed of the truck which damaged the front cap. I'm sure this wasn't intentional. As stated above: poo happens. RVW arranged to take the trailer back to the factory and have the front cap replaced and inspected by the manufacture. I wasn't real excited about buying a repaired trailer. In the end, RVW agreed to move my furniture and a few other options to another trailer on the lot so I ended up with basically what I ordered. IMO they came to the table as good as any dealer could. Levi from sales stood by my side through the entire process. (If you decide to go to RVW, I would recommend asking for him). Having said this, there was a mix up with the shipment. Somehow when the first trailer was damaged, they took me off the delivery schedule. I was supposed to take delivery today but all I know is that they are trying to get it to me in the next 5 days. This is hard to plan around since they are delivering it 3 hours from my house. I did PM Dave Durnell and he is in contact with me on the issue. We are talking again tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get a firm answer on my delivery. Sure I would love to get my trailer for camping this weekend as planned but it's probably not in the cards. This has been hard for me because I'm not a patient person but if you sit back and reflect on it, it's been a positive experience overall and I saved many thousands over buying it around my location. One other thing to consider. If another dealer would have dropped the trailer (Could happen to anyone), they probably wouldn't have had a unit to offer as a back fill. I would have had to accept the repair or wait for a new one to be built. We'll see how this all pans out over the next few days. The real proof will be down the road when/if I need service. Only time will tell how that goes. One last comment: this place is busy and the staff is working their tails off. I must have seen 8 trailers leave the lot in the 5 hours I was there. It's pretty entertaining to watch...
ssharry is offline   Reply With Quote