Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #21
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
Okay, lets say you buy a trailer from them. Next you have to get either a new WDhitch or transfer from your old trailer. How does RV Wholesalers handle that?
And what about a PDI? Do they take the time to show you around and check everything out with the trailer?

just wondering...
I took delivery. The driver parked it nicely in my driveway, and then proceeded to cover a very complete PDI with me, including plumbing and propane systems. He took as long as I wanted, answered all my questions and even fixed my couch seatback. it was not broken, but not 'snapped' all the way into position.

By that time, I had a pot of coffee going and we sat at my dinette, drinking coffee and doing the paperwork. A very pleasant and knowledgeable guy. Bout the only wtf moment was looking at his poor old truck. It looked like it had as some point in the past faced the wrath of either a vengeful god, or a very large child. It looked like it had been rolled over once, and shoddily repaired. But as someone who knows Diesel Fords, that truck sounded STOUT to me.

As far as the hitch, I installed my own. If that is beyond your capabilities, there are many places to get one installed for not too much money. Do not let yourself fall into the trap of thinking you HAVE to use your local FR dealer for anything.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
Okay, lets say you buy a trailer from them. Next you have to get either a new WDhitch or transfer from your old trailer. How does RV Wholesalers handle that?
And what about a PDI? Do they take the time to show you around and check everything out with the trailer?

just wondering...
When I purchased mine they took as long as I wanted at the PDI. They installed my WDH while I was signing the paperwork at no charge.

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
AFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #23

Thank ya'll for all of the good info. Looks RVW & the folks there are very good to deal with & are on the up & up. That sure is good news, as their prices are by far the best I've seen. As for RVD here in Florida, they can't match prices of RVW because according to RVD rep., RVW does not have to pay any shipping charges. Good to see that even those of you who dealt with RVW from far away, had good experiences. That too is good news.
Thanks again
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #24

I bought from rv wholesalers 2 years ago.Awsome to deal with,they did the pdi and delivered to my house.The driver went over everything with me as this was my first tt,and he didn't leave until I was happy.He also set up my weight distributing hitch and showed me how it works.I had a great salesman and communication is the best advise.I told him what I expected and to double check everything before it left, not one problem to this day. It is a wildwood 30kqbss and they saved me $8000.over a local guy that's with delivery and a warranty.I will be buying my next one from them also.
Amcmachine70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #25

I have been shopping for a Rockwood 8289 Fifth Wheel. RV Wholesalers absolutely blows away my local dealer ($6,000 difference) so I'm really leaning towards RVW. Everyone has great things to say about them. Are there any negatives to going that route?

It's a 1,600 mile drive for me one way to go to RVW but for $6,000 why not. I'll just turn it into a vacation and see the sites on the way back.
tyeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #26

Just purchased a Palomino from RVW and they are the real deal. Was very happy with the entire process. If you need more information, send me a email.
North49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:15 PM   #27

RVW is sounding better & better all the time!
Thanks for all the good reports. Would also like to hear any bad reports if there are any.

Thanks again for all the info
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeeking View Post
I have been shopping for a Rockwood 8289 Fifth Wheel. RV Wholesalers absolutely blows away my local dealer ($6,000 difference) so I'm really leaning towards RVW. Everyone has great things to say about them. Are there any negatives to going that route?

It's a 1,600 mile drive for me one way to go to RVW but for $6,000 why not. I'll just turn it into a vacation and see the sites on the way back.
we drove about the same amount, to pick up our HTT, from a dealer that was able to beat RVW's price.
was well worth the drive and we still saved over $4000, even after trip costs.
anyone on the West Coast can save thousands of dollars buying from a Midwest dealer, over the overpriced greedy dealers out here.
and FR found us local dealers willing to do the warranty work.

but when we decide on our next trailer, probably a 5th wheel, RVW will be our first choice to buy from.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #29

RVW

I drove over 2000 miles to pickup my RV from RV wholesalers. The benefit for me as a Canadian was North of 10K even after the cost to travel there and back. Most trailer delivery companies charge $1.50/loaded mile and in my case I saved about 1000 dollars picking the unit up. There attitude towards service and the dealer network is different than most dealers. Very quick to respond to problems and to rectify issues.
North49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #30

I purchased my 2013 Solaire 201ss from RVW and the experience was great. The transaction went very smooth. I live in the gold country of California and there are no dealers in my area that sell Palomino products. I have had to contact the warranty department at RVW more than a few times and each time the warranty staff have been more than helpful. They have referred me to repair facilities that have done exceptional jobs in performing the warranty work close to my home. I had to go the the DMV three times to register the trailer which was a minor inconvenienence. Each time the DMV asked me for more documation. There was no PDI, and this being my first trailer I went to my auto mechanic who is a "RV guy" and he went over the trailer with me. In short my experience has been excellent with RVW and I would not hesitate to do business with them again. They saved me a ton of $$$$$.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
steve
Steveinthehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #31

We bought our rock wood from them they were awesome so munh so I gave our salesman a bottle of Jack Daniels
mrmjbenn is offline   Reply With Quote