Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #1

RV Wholesalers

Has anyone purchased a new RV from RV Wholesalers? Their prices are crazy good if they are accurate. Also claim to have service centers located all over for convenience- so if you buy one there you have the advantage of local or somewhat local service. If they are as good as they advertise, might be the way to go on new purchase.
Any info would be appreciated.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:25 AM   #2

You need only do a search of the forum to find many who have purchased through RVW or RVD (RV Direct). Given you are in Florida, you might as well go RV Direct - they'll match RVW if they can get the same brand/model.
geotex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #3

Purchased from MHSRV in Texas and for the most part it was a great experience. The biggest negative was dealing with the dealers who don't want to work on your right because you didn't buy from them. My feelings are most dealers such anyways so just grin and bear it, you will get it fixed eventually under warranty anyways.
Brewster McFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #4

Thanx for info geotex1 & Brewster McFrisk. Have made contact with both RVW & RVD. Waiting for replies.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
Broken Toe

I bought from RVW. An all around good experience. Delivery was handled well. Price was fully $6,000 cheaper than my local dealer would go at his lowest "take it or leave it" price. Prices on their website are accurate.

I would not only highly recommend them, but I will use them again if I am ever in the market to buy another.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #6

The only problem I see with RV Direct is the charge for their "drop off points". I'm a lot closer to the factory than I am one of their drop offs.

Have heard many good reports from RW Wholesalers through out the years. In fact Lori there has just given me a quote on a new Rockwood 3029W trailer. Thousands under my latest quote at the Novi, Michigan show last week.
Happy trails,
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:52 PM   #7

Purchased our Rockwood Mini Lite from them last year. The prices are accurate, everyone was very friendly and helpful in our buying experience. I picked up our unit on a Sat and I could not believe the distances that some of the other customers had driven to buy from them. If I remember correctly one gentleman was there from Wyoming because he was saving something like $15000, huge toy hauler.I needed some warranty work at the end of the year and they set me up with a local dealer to handle the claim. Unfortunately the local dealer had much to be desired in timing and quality of work but that was not RVW fault. If anything else is needed I think I will just make the 3hr drive back to them.

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
AFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:51 PM   #8
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa GLS View Post
Has anyone purchased a new RV from RV Wholesalers? Their prices are crazy good if they are accurate. Also claim to have service centers located all over for convenience- so if you buy one there you have the advantage of local or somewhat local service. If they are as good as they advertise, might be the way to go on new purchase.
Any info would be appreciated.
Just check out the reviews...there is an ongoing lengthy thread about RVW...lots of positive comments.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:29 PM   #9

Do you negotiate with RVW like you do with normal dealers or is their listed price their bottom line?
tmhudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmhudg View Post
Do you negotiate with RVW like you do with normal dealers or is their listed price their bottom line?
Friends of ours negotiated with them. They were looking locally at another unit and RVW beat the price.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #11

I purchased a Puma 30DBSS in Fall 2011. In laws purchased a Puma in Spring 2012. Mother purchased a Rockwood MiniLite in Fall 2013. I purchased a Puma 31RDKS in Spring 2014. Currently have a 2015 Puma 31BHSS on order. All of these came from RVWholesalers. CLEARLY we are sold on purchasing from RVW. The prices AND the customer service are better than what we have experienced locally. Really great people to do business with.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:05 AM   #12

RVWHOLESALERS are worth it. I bought it and live in Arizona. Never having a MH, a friend recommended them to me. They were very informative, polite, friendly and I never felt pressured. They answered all my pre delivered questions in a very timely manner. I had a few financing issues that we had settled prior to pick up. If you do not use their financing, pricing goes up as expected. As long as you know this prior you will be fine. Once we got there it was a little confusing. My sales lady was on vacation so we had to ask a few people where to go and what to do. Once we did the walk through, we went to financing. Since I had financing, we signed all the papers and he gave us the keys. I expected a little more details but that was it. He seemed very quick and to the point. No celebration. It took a few times asking to get a few of the little things done prior to leaving. This was one of the very few things I could say could have been better. No one even said where the exit was. I found it!

They have been good with follow up after with helping with any warranty items I have. Since I am in AZ, they found numerous places for me to go. Nothing real major needed but they are there if you need help. They are also here on the boards if you need any assistance before and after the sale.
West Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:06 AM   #13
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Cactus View Post
RVWHOLESALERS are worth it. I bought it and live in Arizona. Never having a MH, a friend recommended them to me. They were very informative, polite, friendly and I never felt pressured. They answered all my pre delivered questions in a very timely manner. I had a few financing issues that we had settled prior to pick up. If you do not use their financing, pricing goes up as expected. As long as you know this prior you will be fine. Once we got there it was a little confusing. My sales lady was on vacation so we had to ask a few people where to go and what to do. Once we did the walk through, we went to financing. Since I had financing, we signed all the papers and he gave us the keys. I expected a little more details but that was it. He seemed very quick and to the point. No celebration. It took a few times asking to get a few of the little things done prior to leaving. This was one of the very few things I could say could have been better. No one even said where the exit was. I found it!

They have been good with follow up after with helping with any warranty items I have. Since I am in AZ, they found numerous places for me to go. Nothing real major needed but they are there if you need help. They are also here on the boards if you need any assistance before and after the sale.
I did not experience that. I did not use their financing and the final negotiated price was $1000 BELOW what they initially quoted me. Of course, I had them and another dealer in competition for my business.

How much of an increase was there?

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #14

Okay, lets say you buy a trailer from them. Next you have to get either a new WDhitch or transfer from your old trailer. How does RV Wholesalers handle that?
And what about a PDI? Do they take the time to show you around and check everything out with the trailer?

just wondering...
Old 02-12-2015, 11:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
Okay, lets say you buy a trailer from them. Next you have to get either a new WDhitch or transfer from your old trailer. How does RV Wholesalers handle that?
And what about a PDI? Do they take the time to show you around and check everything out with the trailer?

just wondering...
I've purchased and had RVW deliver and I've picked up there. When delivered, I look the trailer over thoroughly myself. The drivers have some knowledge, but you aren't going to get a technical explanation of everything with the drivers I had. If I knew nothing about RVs, I'd suggest asking for a driver that is knowledgeable and can do a thorough PDI, or have a friend that is familiar there to walk me through it. When I picked up my last camper there, they had someone dedicated to me and my trailer for as long as I needed. The small issue I discovered ( 1 loose piece of trim, IIRC) was immediately dealt with. Oh, and I didn't like the looks of the caulk seam at 1 point, so that was fixed. I had as long as I needed to look over everything and was never rushed. As far as swapping the hitch, I always do that. If you were picking it up, I'm sure you could work that into the deal. If having delivered, you'd either have to do it yourself, or hire someone to do it. Even if you had to hire someone, you'd be WAY ahead financially still, in my experience.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #16

Dustman, thanks for the quick reply.

How does RVW handle warranty work out of State? Do they just contact a FR dealer and tell you to take it there?

Again just wondering.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:16 PM   #17
Always Learning

Quote:

How does RVW handle warranty work out of State? Do they just contact a FR dealer and tell you to take it there?

Again just wondering.
Thanks for asking these questions, Bill - I have the same.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Thanks for asking these questions, Bill - I have the same.
Yes I bought from them and picked it up myself. I'm in Nebraska. Warranty work last winter was done by a dealership less than 50 minutes from me and RVW set it all up. I just had to call that dealer to set a time is drop it off. I went over the fix it list with that dealer and they called when it was complete. No hassle. No bills. Etc etc.

I had rvw install my fiver hitch. They did it while I was signing papers and then we did a walk thru. It was only about 45 minutes, but I'm fairly familiar with things so that was fine. I'd imagine they would spend more time with you if needed.
I'm working with them right now in getting ready to order my new Sabre 5er.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:10 PM   #19

Quote:

Again just wondering.
I've never had to have warranty work done at a dealer, so I can't say for sure. My understanding is that it works just like jstromsburg states.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #20

Quote:

Again just wondering.
I live in Arizona and they had a list of RV places I could go get warrenty work from. It was simple and quick with RVWHOLESALERS help!
West Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote