Old 10-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #1

RV wholesalers vs RV direct??

Ok I have read post in favor and against Dealer vs RVW, But what do you all think about RV wholesalers vs RV direct?

I have a new TT on order with RV direct. Yes I received prices from both and in the end RVdirect was at least $1500 less DELIVERED to my home over RVW.

RVW Tried to get me to cancel the order, I told them if there price was as good or better then RV Direct I would have gone with them.... but it wasn't and they lost out on this sale.

so what pros and or cons have you all had with either of these two dealers?

2009 F150 SCREW4x4 Prodigy P3 and tow package Valley WDH and dual anti sway
2006 Party Barge 21 90 Merc Optimax
2011 RockWood 2702 SS arrived 11.10.2010
nights camped 2010 6
threegr8katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #2

That would kind of require that someone had bought from both dealers to be able to fully answer your question.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We've dealt with both.

We bought our Rockwood 2605 from RVW in 2007. We picked them as they had better pricing than some of the other on-line dealers and way lower than the local dealers. We had a few issues with the camper which they eventually resolved, but it was a bit of a struggle.

When we decided to upgrade to a Rockwood 5th wheel, we called RVW first. I asked for an additional discount as it was our second purchase from them, but they weren't having any of that. We also got prices from RV Direct and 3 other on-line dealers...RV Direct was the lowest and surprisingly, RVW was the highest. We went ahead and placed the order with RV Direct. I got a follow up from RVW a week later..I told them I placed an order with RV Direct and why. Now they decide that they can give me a further discount and match price...too late on their part. I found RVW to be very unprofessional when it was clear that they weren't getting my order.

We picked up the camper at RV Direct's compound in Elkhart...it had everything it was supposed to and was well prepped. Happily, we haven't had any problems to speak of...that's always the true test of your dealer.

BTW, RV Direct were able to get a few custom changes done for us that the other dealers were not even willing to talk about.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
We've dealt with both.

We bought our Rockwood 2605 from RVW in 2007. We picked them as they had better pricing than some of the other on-line dealers and way lower than the local dealers. We had a few issues with the camper which they eventually resolved, but it was a bit of a struggle.

When we decided to upgrade to a Rockwood 5th wheel, we called RVW first. I asked for an additional discount as it was our second purchase from them, but they weren't having any of that. We also got prices from RV Direct and 3 other on-line dealers...RV Direct was the lowest and surprisingly, RVW was the highest. We went ahead and placed the order with RV Direct. I got a follow up from RVW a week later..I told them I placed an order with RV Direct and why. Now they decide that they can give me a further discount and match price...too late on their part. I found RVW to be very unprofessional when it was clear that they weren't getting my order.

We picked up the camper at RV Direct's compound in Elkhart...it had everything it was supposed to and was well prepped. Happily, we haven't had any problems to speak of...that's always the true test of your dealer.

BTW, RV Direct were able to get a few custom changes done for us that the other dealers were not even willing to talk about.

Dave
That is a shame to hear Dave. I purchased my Windjammer through RVW without a hitch. They sure did try pushing their extended warranty which I declined. True character will almost always reveal itself. A business needs to stop and think before they put their foot in there mouth. The sell they lost will probably not be your last purchase, and you will tell your story to others as well.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #5

We purchased from RVW and did not have issues with them. I got a quote from RVD that was about $1700 less than RVW, but when I sent that quote to RVW that agreed to beat it by $100 so I went with them. They also got me the best interest rate.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #6

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
We bought our 2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065 from RVW. They beat RVDirects price buy several $1000 dollars's . It surprised me quite frankly. Now I called Rv direct back because they have a outlet in Buffalo,NY and would be only 80miles from me to pick up, so I would have really like to get it from them. I told them the price RVW was quoting and they basicly laughed at me. I also had asked about them installing a Direct TV dish on the unit. They Wouldnt even respond. So they lost a sale. Do you think they (RVW & RVdirect) can get different prices for different models ?? Becuase (Threegr8kaz) Rvdirect acted like RVW did to you, too me. They (RVdirect seem very unproffesional) I even said something to some of my friends that told me to call RVdirect. I had a very good experience with RVW. I would recommend RVW to everyone !! Just kind of strange.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman06 View Post
I got a quote from RVD that was about $1700 less than RVW, but when I sent that quote to RVW that agreed to beat it by $100 so I went with them.
Why didn't you go back to RV Direct and show them RVW's price and see how long you can play that game.

In our case I asked for their best price, being a repeat customer and they gave me one that was $1400 higher than RV Direct. I didn't play off one dealer against the other. I asked for their best price and decided based on that.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #8

sorry for any one having there feelings hurt by my comment. Thanks to all the rest of you for having insight and comment on this topic.

nights camped 2010 6
Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #9

Dave, I hear you I too asked for lowest price up front. RVW gave me a price and RVD another. RVD was less so I went with them and stayed with them and so far very very Happy with Jeff Blair my sales rep......

nights camped 2010 6
Old 10-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #10

This has been an interesting discussion about the two wholesalers. No doubt if I were looking to buy, I'd talk to both before the final decision. We just bought a wildwood from RVW this summer and the transaction went well, price was excellent, and they are located close by.