Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2017, 01:11 AM   #1

RV's at the Le Tour De France

Hello All,

This is probably more of a curiosity question. But as I have been watching the Tour, I've noticed almost every RV I see along the route doesn't have an A/C on top. Do they just not need A/C there? Do they have smaller, slimmer units that are hard to see? Or maybe something else. I also noticed almost all of them were what I guess you call a Class B style. I know big ones might have issues parking along some of the route, but one doesn't see the large Provosts that most of the teams have. Anyway, just curious what others thought about this. Great tour going on this year, BTW. Have a great week and happy camping.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:32 AM   #2
Site Team

Having drove through Europe, for about 10 weeks on two trips, I saw a lot of campers.
Many were small class C motorhomes, similar to the popular Mercedes Benz ones here.
Only a few class B ones.
Quite a few small class A ones.
They are all much smaller and lighter than their American counterparts.
This is mainly because of smaller/narrower roads and very high fuel prices.

American-Sized RVs are very rare but I saw more of them on our last trip in 2015. They are gaining a following over there.

Nearly all the RVs there are WAY lighter and have way less amenities and are pretty basic in equipment.
I have seen many TTs wagging the dog, with small tow vehicles there, mainly on their freeways.

Generators and full hookups are not as common. Most campgrounds are dry camping.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote