Old 07-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #1

I live in Canada and last year I purchased a 2012 Sabre 5th wheel from RV one of the concerns I had was getting warranty work done and paid for. I was assured by the salesman that it was not a problem and that the process was simple. They advised that one method of getting warranty work done was to pay for the work myself and then be reimbursed by them. I found that because I purchesed the trailer out of country dealers in Canada refused to work on it. I expected this would happen and found a reliable repair shop that could repair the defects.

I have sent all the invoices to RVW and now cannot even get a response from anyone in their warranty department so I am left holding the bill and they got their sale.

Fairly disapointed in a company that portrays themselves as bi on customer satisfaction.

That is my experience thus far, anyone else had any luck getting results with them?

Please let me know how you did it

bragg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
I had some basic interactions with RV wholesalers back when I was looking for a unit….It left a bad taste in my mouth for a number of reasons. After talking with the very pushy sales person who seemed more like Kurt Russell from the movie Used Cars…I could not get a very good explanation of the warranty repair procedure….but was assured 100% it could be done. They framed it as independent contractors they have agreements with to service your unit if it can’t be returned to their store. I asked for a name of the contractor closest to my home and got no response. Again, I was only told what I wanted to hear with no concrete info to back it up.
In the end I purchased locally and have been happy. My salesperson actually had a letter on Forest River Letterhead stating something to the effect if you buy from another dealer and need warranty work the only dealer obligated to do this work is the selling dealer. That is their corporate policy…Personally I think it is a very crappy thing to do to your customers. Imagine if Dodge, or Ford required you to only go back to the point of purchase for your work for it to be coverd. What if I move or the dealer closes ….then what?? I know there are many people who have purchased from RV Wholesalers and have had good luck with all aspects of the sale including warranty work but a quick search on this forum shows that there are a fair amount of people who have had bad experiences. Their prices are very attractive…I will give them that. I am sorry to hear that you are left holding the bill. Might be time to get BBB involved and file a complaint.
If you do a search on this topic on this forum you should find the info you are looking for.

2011 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS
2015 Ram Bighorn 2500 6.4L
Nights Camped 2015: 28
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Send a private message to ddurnell...he's the co-owner of RVW and a member of this site. That should move things along...

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
Just curious, and if you do not mind, without getting into any details, how much did you save by buying from them ? A few thousands ? more ?

Denis & Diane
2010 Sabre 31REDS
Ford F-250 2011
* Happy Campers *
miatared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
F/R pays the bill,not the dealers. F/R pre approval required before work is done,or payment problems can occur. Youroo!!
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
When we took our TT that we purchased from RVW in to a dealer here in Texas to have slidecovers put on I ask if they could take care of a squeak in our floor that should be covered under warranty. The service department said no problem, they would take care of it and they did a good job.
maconandk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
Just curious, and if you do not mind, without getting into any details, how much did you save by buying from them ? A few thousands ? more ?

I bought my 2012 Rockwood 2306 this spring through RVW and saved $2500 compared to my coworker who bought the exact same trailer locally here at a dealer in Colorado Springs. Even factoring in the ~$800 it cost me to drive out there and get it, I saved real money by going with RVW.
2012 Rockwood 2306
2007 Honda Ridgeline tow vehicle with Equal-i-zer and Prodigy P2
pg_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
cogito ergo moo
I cannot understand why people think the dealer (RVW or otherwise) is responsible for servicing the warranty. Forest River is responsible, not the dealer. The dealer is just an agent of FR.

If you have warranty work needing done, any FR dealer can and should do it. FR takes a very dim view on dealer who don't service units bought from elsewhere.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss (coming soon)
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
Well I would like to say that is true but I have brought this to forest rivers attention and they said they could not do anything about it.

Since posting this I have received some very positive feedback from RVW and hope to have this resolved soon.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
I have never heard of the Customer having to deal directly with the manufacturer of a vehicle or large purchase such as this. I have never dealt with chev or dodge directly