Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #1

Sandpiper 365SAQ Questions

I am going to buy a sandpiper 365saq next week from RVW and seen in pics that there is something on the rear bumper that has a cover on it. No one can seem to tell me what it is and I can't find anything online about it. Also it has the october bonus package which includes the touch screen remote. Is this for the slides and jack?

Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #2

I have a 2012 346 RET sandpiper that did not come with a remote, but saw it as an option. I'm pretty sure the remote does the slides, awning, audio...but not sure bout your other question, I have never seen that or heard of it. :-)

Gone but not 4 gotten
bee191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #3

I think the thing on the bumper is a grill that swings around for the outside kitchen.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #4

Something on the rear bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by booneandbuck View Post
I am going to buy a sandpiper 365saq next week from RVW and seen in pics that there is something on the rear bumper that has a cover on it. No one can seem to tell me what it is and I can't find anything online about it. Also it has the october bonus package which includes the touch screen remote. Is this for the slides and jack?
We are also getting ready to pull the trigger on the 365 saq. The thing on the bumper is a gas grill that swings around in front of the outside kitchen. The gas plug is underneath the slide. Just plug in and your ready to use gas and cook. The touch screen remote is for a few different things. I'm not at home right now to look for sure but I think you can run the dvd-mp3,slides,landing gear,etc with it. Not exactly 100% positive on it. If you don't mind me asking are you buying one that they have in stock or are you ordering it? We are at 35,800 on one just waiting for another deal to go through and we will be ordering ours. I would appreciate any feedback you will have about your experience and how you are treated by RVW. I have a thread on here asking about people's experience and most have been very positive. ALot of good information on it.Eric Houchin is who I have been dealing with and he has been very patient with us through the process.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:42 PM   #5

Thanks for all the info. We are looking at maybe getting one they have in stock. So far everything has gone OK with RVW. They really tried to get me to put the $1000 down though. When I said not now but would soon they tried to get me to leave them my credit card info so the would have it which I didn't. Maybe this is normal for them but I don't like being rushed into putting a deposit down. The salesman has answered all of my questions so far though. I need to look at your thread. I have seen a lot of negative reviews about RVW's costomer service after they get your deposit which worries me because we are buying the camper with only looking at pics on their website. I think I will have them send me a contract of everything before I send them a deposit.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:29 PM   #6

My salespaerson told me whenever I get ready just give him a call and thats when I give the deposit and the camper is ordered. No more money is talked about until we go up and everything is 100% to our satisfaction then we go to the finance dept. He already has all of our info on what we want and I have a credit app approved. Just have to wait on another deal that I HOPE to hear from tomorrow to go through then we will order ours. I don't like being rushed either. Sounds like a good idea to get the contract and build sheet faxed or emailed to you. That way you know what your getting. Are you getting one with the painted front cap or the one with the white front? What kind of price are they offering???
Old 12-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #7

Yes it has the painted front. Price is $36293.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #8

Is anyone pulling the 365asq with a 3/4 ton truck? I am looking at this camper, but the numbers say a 1 ton truck is required. I have a 2011 F250 with the 6.7l diesel. 3.55 rear end...Thanks
Old 12-04-2011, 09:55 PM   #9

This just my opinion but the 3/4 ton would pull it fine but you would need to do something with the suspension, like adding air bags. I know some guys that use a 2011 3/4 ton w/ the 6.7 to pull a 40ft gooseneck trailer loaded down. My 1 ton welding truck ,13500lbs, broke down and we loaded it on the gooseneck and the 3/4 ton had no problems pulling the weight. Another possible problem w/ the 3/4 ton is that if it is a short bed you may not have enough clearance between fifth wheel and cab unless you use a sliding hitch.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:00 PM   #10

pulling truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharv View Post
Is anyone pulling the 365asq with a 3/4 ton truck? I am looking at this camper, but the numbers say a 1 ton truck is required. I have a 2011 F250 with the 6.7l diesel. 3.55 rear end...Thanks
I have asked and asked this question myself. And the response I have gotten every time is yep it will handle it. I have a 2002 Dodge 2500 6 speed high output 4x4 extended cab Cummins. I have had numerous replys on the Dodge forums on this. I do have a few upgrades courtesy of Banks Performance and an Edge Tow pro to help with the power. Upgrades to come before I tow the 365 SAQ will be new Michelins,brakes all away around,5000 lb rear air bags,and change all my filters&fluids.Truck has the Dana 80 rear and anti-sway bar. Main thing I have been told was the need to stop it. And with all new brakes and the Banks exhuast brake I should be in great shape.

Tags
365, 365saq