Old 02-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #11

No i have to aim it.I tried directly from dish to receiver and still got the "searching for satellite signal" message.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #12

Please tell us what receiver model you have, what you've already done in the receiver menu to set it up, and how you aimed it.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #13

It's a D11 receiver.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #14

if ur hooked direct, that should take care of the power.
do u have an in line signal strength meter or a menu on the receiver that u can use to aim the dish? have u aimed it. if so, u may want to reaim at a different sat. the receiver should identify the sat. i have aimed at the wrong one before. the search won't find anything unitl ur aimed at a sat it recognizes.
my first response on ur outside connection is that u don't have a sat connection. however, thing have changed and if i read between the lines on other post (different thread), some are combining all inputs. would like to see one to see if that is true though.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #15

The directions for the satellite tell me how to connect everything which is steps 1-2.At step 3 I am supposed to turn everything on and let the receiver search for signal.It says not to move the dish. It is supposed to search for signal then get a message that says the receiver is having issues communicating with the dish.I am supposed to hit more info then continue with the instructions but it won't stop searching for signal.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #16

If I am not mistaken the satelite will not work through the "powered" antena connection. I had to rewire mine.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #17

while it is searching, u need to aim the antenna.
what i usually do is either watch the signal strength (should be one of the menu items in the setup menu). then i sweep the dish from side to side then move it up a litte and repeat the sweep until i see a rise in the signal strength. then i try small changes to get the best signal.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #18

Okay so should I disregard the instructions and just rely on the satellite signal meter?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #19

You must use and have RG6 cable. The photo shows that your connection is for Cable and may not be RG6. You said that you did a direct connection, was that a RG6 cable?
Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #20

Your best bet is to run a piece of RG6 quad shield directly from the dish to the receiver to make certain it really works. Once you know it works then you can figure out the wiring in the trailer. A buddy of mine ran it through a window until I rewired his TT so he could use his DVR in one room and a regular receiver in another room. He had a quad LNB dish.

Sat signals are pretty weak and you need to use good quality RG6 quad shielded cable. Try not to use any extra cable or connectors in the line as they can degrade the signal.