Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
1.5 hours as he proceeded to adjust his suspension
Vallium might be the ultimate solution.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700
Guess I don't get taking a satellite dish to watch tv at all. I don't go camping to watch tv. So I don't get why you get so mad. If I go camping I surely am not worried about some show that's on tv. IMO if you have to watch tv when you go camping stay home what the point. Go camping to get away from all that not take it with you then you may not get so upset. You would hate me cause I wouldn't care. Or not cause I usually never stay in campgrounds.
Must be nice to have a fixed home, mine went into foreclosure after floating it for two years when the military moved me in 2008 from alaska to washington dc when the markets crashed, and i pissed my entire savings out the window. Now im getting out of the military.....so this IS my home, for now anyway until my credit is rebuilt. I apologize that i cant afford a stationary home at this point in my life.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
Must be nice to have a fixed home, mine went into foreclosure after floating it for two years when the military moved me in 2008 from alaska to washington dc when the markets crashed, and i pissed my entire savings out the window. Now im getting out of the military.....so this IS my home, for now anyway until my credit is rebuilt. I apologize that i cant afford a stationary home at this point in my life.
Beausdog, no need to apologize, you are not alone my friend. You have been dealt a harsh blow, but things will get better. We've all had the crap knocked out of us financially, spiritually and many other ways, but we all survive. Just keep your chin up and be thankful for what you do have, wife, kids, health and a camper! Just lighten up a little and enjoy what you have. Give yourself a break and quit beating yourself up. Accomplishes nothing but makes you mad at the world and everything therein.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog
Sorry i am just venting, but if you see a satellite dish at a CG and have to stop your rig, if there is room, please have the common courtesy of not stopping dead smack in front of it.

Also, if you see a winegard carry out it is not a bench for your kids to eat their ice cream from the camp store.

Nor pick it up, read the label, and put it back down just to ask me what it is (if you can read the label, you should be able to comprehend it). I hate stupidity!
Did you ever ask them to move?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

Beausdog, no need to apologize, you are not alone my friend. You have been dealt a harsh blow, but things will get better. We've all had the crap knocked out of us financially, spiritually and many other ways, but we all survive. Just keep your chin up and be thankful for what you do have, wife, kids, health and a camper! Just lighten up a little and enjoy what you have. Give yourself a break and quit beating yourself up. Accomplishes nothing but makes you mad at the world and everything therein.
Well thank you, you seem like a courteous person and if you need anything just ask im just tired of the me me me attitude with no regard for other people. I dont ask for hand outs and try to be courteous where i can, all i ask for is a thank you or a you're welcome. Too many people seem to feel like you should be at their level, no i dont own a house in the Hampton's, but no i dont collect welfare or unemployment either ( i dont believe in handouts). All im asking for is for common respect. Like anyone here, my goal is to provide for my family...same as anyone else. I live in my fifth wheel with my family by both choice and necessity, but with that, i suppose since im not a retired full timer and cant afford to take "trips" all summer, im some how a second class citizen and not a camper.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

Did you ever ask them to move?
That was already covered i believe....but for anyone who full times at campgrounds know you shouldnt address the "customer" even though you might pay the same rate i do, when they complain that you were "rude" you may be forced to move because the CG will view it as a loss of customer. Though not always the case but its ine of those yiu have to tread lightly.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #27

Over the last year or so of being a part of this forum I have learned to appreciate/understand/tolerate other people's points of view. A good percentage of us have the same philosophy about enjoying the RV lifestyle. There are also some who march to a different drummer. We all enjoy the same things, to a certain extent, but in a different way.
When was the last time you went to a gas station to fill your vehichle and some young buck drove up and left his music thumping, engine running while he pumped gas? You were both there to get gas, but he was multi tasking! He didn't even think/care whether you would like his music.
Or, you are at a restaurant, trying to enjoy a nice meal when the table next to you has a few loud mouths, or people talking loudly on a cell phone, or small kids making noise/crying?
That's life! Not everyone is respectful of others, unfortunately. Some may not even realise they are offending you or even care.
We all have been to campgrounds where some people bring their whole greenhouse with them, or have welcome signs and lights and whatever else they can place around their site to give it that homey feel. As long as it doesn't interfere with my space/enjoyment more power to them!
Now getting to the issue with the satellite dish: If you have it close enough to the roadway for a vehichle to disrupt your programming, it may be too close to the road. As for kids; I thought I was the only perfect child! HUMPH!! And if a neighbor picks it up and asks what it is? Maybe he wanted to talk to you. If you set it up once, show us it wasn't luck the first time, do it again!
As for me, I don't go camping to watch TV.
I am sorry if I offended anyone in this long viewpoint!
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #28

We are full timers and have a sat. dish on our site. The owners always help park the units on the sites. Have had people back their unit past the dish on my site after the owner leaves. When approached and asked to move their unit ahead thy reply My sewer hose will not reach or my water hose is too short. If they will not move I will get the owner to have them moved. If they are blocking my dish then they are no longer on their site. I also have had kids swinging on the dish.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #29

Quote:

And how as I suppose know you were in that boat. Sorry about your losses that sucks. But we are completely different campers.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #30

I have had to speak to people cutting through the campsite. I would be upset if kids (not mine sat down at our picnic table and handled our stuff. They would have gotten the MOM voice and the talk about appropriate behavior.

I don't think I would realize that I was blocking someone's tv signal, but if they asked me to move I would do it immediately and with a sincere apology
It sounds like that Site is too close to the snack shop and registration, sort of like getting seated next to he bathroom door in a restaurant.

We don't have a satellite dish (yet) and were just talking about the logistics today. I hadn't even considered other careless campers messing around with it once set up.
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700

And how as I suppose know you were in that boat. Sorry about your losses that sucks. But we are completely different campers.
I dont see us as different, i just camp 365 days a year, the only difference i see is you stated you dont care, and i do (in relation to being courteous) thats the only difference. I go on trips just not all the time. Maybe we are different peopke but we all just try and provide for are families and enrich our children (if you have any, i dont know but not the point) and live life to the fullest.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Susan
I have had to speak to people cutting through the campsite. I would be upset if kids (not mine sat down at our picnic table and handled our stuff. They would have gotten the MOM voice and the talk about appropriate behavior.

I don't think I would realize that I was blocking someone's tv signal, but if they asked me to move I would do it immediately and with a sincere apology
It sounds like that Site is too close to the snack shop and registration, sort of like getting seated next to he bathroom door in a restaurant.

We don't have a satellite dish (yet) and were just talking about the logistics today. I hadn't even considered other careless campers messing around with it once set up.
Its not really that bad, just occasionally inconsiderate. Thats all i was pointing out, it doesnt bother me all that much and usually dont say anything to them as its only a minute or two. But on the other occasion if the signal goes out, i will look to see why, well as they are parked next to, they will see me look and realize it and snicker and walk away with the attitude oh well suck for them
Old 07-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #33

Quote:

I dont see us as different, i just camp 365 days a year, the only difference i see is you stated you dont care, and i do (in relation to being courteous) thats the only difference. I go on trips just not all the time. Maybe we are different peopke but we all just try and provide for are families and enrich our children (if you have any, i dont know but not the point) and live life to the fullest.
Ya I might have went the wrong way about that. If I was a full timer I would probably have a dish. If I were in my camper all the time a little tv would be nice. But when I am up in the mountains tv is the last thing on my mind.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #34

We always take our dish camping for the kids. Once we were at a crowded cookoff where I knew I'd have problems so I set it on the roof of the camper (upside-down dish). I've had people trip over the cable and knock the dish goofy but I understand people. Alot of people are just oblivious to everything around them. I work with people where I wonder how they live day to day with their head in the sand all the time. You are never going to be able to figure everyone out so your best defense is probably alot like childproofing your home for small kids. Just make it harder to mess with you and your things. Good luck, you may have your work cut out for you!