Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #1

satellite dishes at CGs

Sorry i am just venting, but if you see a satellite dish at a CG and have to stop your rig, if there is room, please have the common courtesy of not stopping dead smack in front of it.

Also, if you see a winegard carry out it is not a bench for your kids to eat their ice cream from the camp store.

Nor pick it up, read the label, and put it back down just to ask me what it is (if you can read the label, you should be able to comprehend it). I hate stupidity!

Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
Sorry i am just venting, but if you see a satellite dish at a CG and have to stop your rig, if there is room, please have the common courtesy of not stopping dead smack in front of it.

Also, if you see a winegard carry out it is not a bench for your kids to eat their ice cream from the camp store.

Nor pick it up, read the label, and put it back down just to ask me what it is (if you can read the label, you should be able to comprehend it). I hate stupidity!
So, a satellite dish sitting on the ground by the road means the satellite dish owner also owns the road in front of the dish. Now I understand. Thanks for the clarification. Also, make sure your kids are not inquisitive, and are knowledgeable of something they may never have seen before. Man, kids are such idiotic, stupid pests!

Old 07-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

So, a satellite dish sitting on the ground by the road means the satellite dish owner also owns the road in front of the dish. Now I understand. Thanks for the clarification. Also, make sure your kids are not inquisitive, and are knowledgeable of something they may never have seen before. Man, kids are such pests!
No, but its common courtesy......so by your standards, i could park my truck and work on it while blocking in your vehicles becausr hey, im on the road way.

As far as looking at it goes IDC, but to let your kids sit on it and eat ice cream is stupidity. Guess if i ever see you, i will put my daughter and her ice cream on the hood of your truck because its close to the road and its not marked
Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #4

When Iím coming into a campground with my fifth wheel I donít even think about where someoneís dish is setupÖand Iím not going to start. Iíve got too many other things to watch out for. Iím with you on the issue of kids though, they should have been taught not to touch other peopleís property without permission nor to encroach on someoneís RV site.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
No, but its common courtesy......so by your standards, i could park my truck and work on it while blocking in your vehicles becausr hey, im on the road way.

As far as looking at it goes IDC, but to let your kids sit on it and eat ice cream is stupidity. Guess if i ever see you, i will put my daughter and her ice cream on the hood of your truck because its close to the road and its not marked
Let's not get carried away, no one said anything about blocking vehicles. I think all that is required with the kids is to ask them not to sit on the dish. Maybe an elevated, collapsible stand for the dish might eliminate the problem for everyone.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman
When I’m coming into a campground with my fifth wheel I don’t even think about where someone’s dish is setup…and I’m not going to start. I’ve got too many other things to watch out for. I’m with you on the issue of kids though, they should have been taught not to touch other people’s property without permission nor to encroach on someone’s RV site.
And i do understand that but if you do have to stop all i am saying is, if you see it and you can stop 5 feet short of it, or pull just past it, please try to do so. Not the eh, not my problem or issue.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

Let's not get carried away, no one said anything about blocking vehicles. I think all that is required with the kids is to ask them not to sit on the dish. Maybe an elevated, collapsible stand for the dish might eliminate the problem for everyone.
Doesn't make a difference if its a satellite or vehicles. By your statement the camper doesn't own the road. And it is on an elevated collapsible stand and i do understand if you do have to stop all i am saying is, if you see it and you can stop 5 feet short of it, or pull just past it, please try to do so. If there isnt an option, so be it, i can live with it.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #8

Quote:

Definitions: Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to acquire knowledge. I would call your examples ignorance. But I do get your drift. Your favorite soap might be on and get blacked out..! There are involuntary inconsiderates thru out the world and campgrounds are not exempt..!! Try to roll with the punches..!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd-ford-hd

Definitions: Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to acquire knowledge. I would call your examples ignorance. But I do get your drift. Your favorite soap might be on and get blacked out..! There are involuntary inconsiderates thru out the world and campgrounds are not exempt..!! Try to roll with the punches..!!!
The kids part is ignorance yes but the reading the label and then asking what it is, that would be stupidity
Old 07-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #10

Quote:
The kids part is ignorance yes but the reading the label and then asking what it is, that would be stupidity
Agreed...!!!