Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #1

Satellite hookup in Legacy 300kp 2014 rv

Can I hook up a satellite dish to the cable connection in the bay?
PFurlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #2

It has been my experience that you need a separate connection for satellite reception. I tried to use my cable input and found that the connection runs thru your antenna booster. I have been told that satellite signals will not penetrate the booster, whether it's turned on or off. There are ways to bypass the booster, but I didn't want to mess with that so I added a separate connection just for satellite.
stallsmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #3

It depends if your trailer is wired for satellite or not. If you don't have a seperate cable connection outside for sat then check where your tv is, are there two cable connections? If so one is for Sat. If not, you will have to wire RG6 coax from outside to where your TV is. It's not as hard as it sounds. I did mine is a few hours..
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #4

Satellite in legacy

We ran a line for our satelitte through the bay where the refrigerator is plugged in. We ran the cable thru the cabinets into the refrigerator cabinet out out the hole for the plug. This gives us a direct connection to out satellite. We used an A/B connector to hook our reciever to the video control box and the box must be set on DVD to operate, we just change the a/b hookup to play our DVDs!
PFurlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, satellite