Old 04-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #1

Satellite TV

Just ordered Dish for our travel trailer. I'm super excited! I know I'm bad, but I gotta have my tv!

Old 04-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

what did you order?
I just use my reciever from my shop and a used dish i got from a sat. installer for free then mounted it on a work light tri pod .

Old 04-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
what did you order?
I just use my reciever from my shop and a used dish i got from a sat. installer for free then mounted it on a work light tri pod .
Through our local Dish dealer here in town, they checked to see if our account was eligible for an upgrade and it was, therefore we’re getting an extra receiver for 7.00 a month and we will leave that receiver in the trailer all the time. When the camping season is over, we can take that receiver and use in our home or our garage. The other equipment, the dish, etc., I ordered what they call a Camping kit. It comes with the Dish, tripod, meter, power cord, etc. and that cost $139.00. I thought it wasn’t too bad of a price, but that’s just my opinion, others may see differently. They had a few that were alittle cheaper on Amazon, but I prefer to deal with a local business and if we have any trouble I know I can call them and their right in town. We like that fact that we can take it traveling with us wherever we go.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #4

Sounds great I have had dish for years at home just last year we decided that we wanted sat at our permanant campsite so I bought a winegard mini dish real easy to set up less than 10 min works great I to just got an extra receiver from dish that I use at the camper all season