Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #1

satellite tv

Hello everyone I have a 2008 831bhss and inside it has a panel with aux on to and below it has sat with a button you push and it lights up. what Im wondering if when im camping and want to watch sat tv can I just take my direct tv box and hook the inlet to the box to my sat plug and the outlet on the box to my tv and pick up sat tv without having to mount or have a sat dish or is this equiped with it already thank you to whoever reads this with many of thanks if you have advice
jsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

No you still have to have a dish sorry.
But you can use your receiver from home.
I got a free dish from a satellite installer and mounted it to a halogen work light stand.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #3

Thank you so much. Thats what I was thinking. But wanted to know for sure even tho it has the wingate sat outlet on the wall
jsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Traveling Two

If you have the AUX outlet in your cabinet from the extra outlet on the outside of your unit, you can put your dish sat into that outlet and then get creative on the wiring inside of your unit. I did it and added an A/B switch so I can switch between RV park input or SAT input. I mounted my Dish box above my TV.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite