Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #21

Just a heads up. Electric mountain bikes are in the process of being banned in many US forest and national park areas that do allow regular mountain bikes. Typically, they will only be allowed on fire roads or where off road motorized vehicles are allowed.

Even bike paths in some areas are starting to ban electric bikes.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #22
Just as confused as you

Many privately owned campgrounds will not allow gas powered scooters or dirt bikes. Many times there is nothing mentioned on the campground website. You need to ask when you check in or make reservations.

The cg I'm at allows e-bikes but they ask you to stay at the 5mph speed limit that also applies to any other motor vehicle. That said, e-bikes can be ridden on county and state roads just as a regular bicycle.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #23

Segway Mini-PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dp26 View Post
We always have mini segway's with us... not only for transportation, but for fun.
Was introduced to a Segway on last camping trip to North Beach Florida. I met this family of four and each was using Segway mini-pro. This thing is good for 14 miles with each charging. Makes no noise and easy to learn how to ride.

I thought this was a kool mode of campsite transportation. Anyone else using these? If so, what are the pros and cons?

Billy Ray

Fleming Island, FL
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #24

Thanks! That’s what I’m ultimately thinking.
CAUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:58 AM   #25

Thanks again to everyone who has replied. We purchased 2 Gocycles that are electric, light weight and fold to fit inside our back bay. We will be attaching 2 more bikes to the back for our next trip for 2 kids traveling with us. ��
CAUP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, electric, motorcycle