Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 05:01 AM   #21

When I drove our new MH to my folks' house so my dad could give me a real rundown on how to do hookups, etc., I apparently grazed a low branch of the coral tree by their driveway. Off went the TV antenna, then $350.00 to replace it. At one of the cross country campgrounds this summer, I think it might have been a kid on a bike, or ? that scooted by too close to the drivers side of our MH. Somehow the generator exhaust pipe got bent to about a 45 degree angle, and skid marks on the fiberglas side in same area.

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
At one of the cross country campgrounds this summer, I think it might have been a kid on a bike, or ? that scooted by too close to the drivers side of our MH. Somehow the generator exhaust pipe got bent to about a 45 degree angle, and skid marks on the fiberglas side in same area.
did you by chance check to see if the kid on the bike was ok?
What color is your MH so if i see it coming I can take a wide birth around it?
Old 10-13-2016, 07:43 AM   #23

First day "CRUNCH'! Picked up our TH and drove 4 hours home only to back into RV carport cover and got a little off to one side and cracked the A/C shroud on the roof rib. DW was not too happy at all. Guess it's going to happen if you use them. You hate it, but life goes on. Best thing about this one was the A/C has been replaced so we have a new shroud. HAPPY RVING!
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbduckman View Post
It happened~!!!
On the first outing of our Brand New CC 36CKTS. Diving down a narrow 2- lane road, on coming traffic, cars behind me, and a fast approaching low hanging limb to my right. Put 4-5 minor light streaks down upper right side of Trailer 18-24" long.
I have three questions.
1. How long was it after you bought it before you got scratches on your Brand New RV/Trailer,
2. Can you rub these light streaks out? ( I'm calling them streaks not scratches only because you cannot feel them at all with your finger. They look more like someone took a Pencil Eraser and went down the Trailer)
3. Is there anything you can do to prevent these (waxes, pastes, etc) or is this just "part of the game".
Thank you,
wbduckman
1) Couple months.
2) Try simple green or polishing compound.
3) Part of it.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
did you by chance check to see if the kid on the bike was ok?

What color is your MH so if i see it coming I can take a wide birth around it?

We didn't see it happen. I am just assuming it was a bicycle based on the height of the skid marks on the MH. Odd, though that the slide is right there! Wham! But, like I said we didn't hear or feel anything.

2016 Forester 2291S Class C
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Dana Point, CA
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5er