Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #21
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Damp dryer sheets also work for bug removable
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #22

Black streaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeez View Post
Was reading previous threads and saw a little about members using scrubbing bubbles to remove black streaks from their RVs. Did not see a lot of feedback. Anyone try this? I'm worried about it stripping the wax or damage to decals. Any comments would be appreciated.

We used a product called "Awesome" found at $$ stores. Had no problem with damage to finish on trailer,but test first. Worked better than the expensive products we had tried in the past.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:49 PM   #23

I find either liquid or paste wax takes off the black streaks too. Just wash the area first or even rinse with plain water to get the dirt and bugs off. I try not to make a real project out of it with expensive lotions, potions or miracle products of dubious value. Dawn, a bucket of hot water, extendable brush and hose it all off. Good enough
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #24

When we purchased our new RV, we spent another $20 on a special product from the dealer that was marketed to remove black streaks. Said it right on the bottle. First time we washed the camper, it didn't touch the black streaks. From reading here, I remembered that LA Awesome from the dollar store was supposed to work and I had some in the RV. Sure enough, with almost no effort, the black streaks were gone. Camper good and clean. I'm sure that I've spent $5 at the dollar store on this product to keep the camper clean over the past three years.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #25

Black streaks

I have used Gel Gloss. Takes the streaks off and adds a nice wax finish.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #26

Awesome is awesome, but it can be a bit harsh on delicate materials. I used NuFinish car polish. Its not a wax but when applied , it can remove black streaks and also a lasting polish to your RV. kinda kills two birds with one stone or to be more politically correct,
"Eradicate a duality of endothermic feathered vertebrates utilizing a singular particle of naturally-occurring crystalline composite"
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:37 PM   #27
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Love it!....lol
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:00 PM   #28

I've never used scrubbing bubbles. I use a product called 4U. It is made by Metalube Corp. based in California. I use it for the chalk marks than run down the side of the trailer as well as the grunge that tends to build up on the awning when it is rolled up. I haven't seen anything it won't clean and it is environmentally friendly. I usually dilute the concentrate 4 or 5 to one with water.
Larry Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:29 PM   #29
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Our Next Door Neighbor at the Goshen Frog Rally was "Puss & Boots" I let Al use our "Awesome" on his Front Cap that was a Mess! They live in Can.and said they can't buy Awesome there,So He Went "Awesome Shopping" in Goshen and is Now a "Stocking Distributor"! Youroo!!
I live in Canada and have found "Awesome" at Dollar Tree in Canada.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #30

Ok... So I went and bought 2 spray bottles of scrubbing bubbles today. I wet down my TT and did a small section at a time. I sprayed from top to bottom with the scrubbing bubbles. Right away I could see dirt slowly falling in the bubbles. I used a soft brush screwed onto a 6 ft stick and scrubbed from top to bottom then as soon as I was done scrubbing I rinsed it off. Wow!! It worked better than I expected. There were some black streaks that have been on my TT that are embedded and did not come out but with a little elbow grease while brushing, most all of the streaks, bugs and dirt came off. I was impressed. I did the entire TT including the decals but not the roof. I scrubbed the roof yesterday with the brush and water. After I was done washing both sides I had to take the Puma to storage. She looks really good. I will keep you advised if I have any adverse affects to my paint or decals but for now I'm very happy with the results. It should be noted that last year I did try some black streak remover that I bought from my local RV parts and service store. I was not impressed. Maybe there are several brands and I am not sure the brand I used but it did not work for me. Thanks to everyone who took time to read and comment on this thread.
Troy, Josie and our 2 K9 co-pilots Breck and Maggie
USN 86-92
3 nights camped so far in 2020
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:33 PM   #31

Just be carefull what you are using is not a solvent. Solvents will desolve the adhesive that holds the decals to the surface. something like WD40 is a solvent, not a lubricant. In the engineering inspection business it is used to desolve bituminous pavement to seperate the bit from the agregate.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #32

I have used SD 20,,, I am guessing anything that will easily remove Black Steaks will also remove wax !!! Wax also works well to remove Black streaks !!!
As does scratch remover !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #33

Well after reading all of these replies, Scrubbing Bubbles makes the most sense to me because of what it's made to use on..... thanks everyone.😉
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black