Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #1

Sealing 5er Pin box????

Was wondering if anyone has sealed the 5er's pin box I've always wondered if while driving in the rain if water would get in there and mess things up.
Do you all think I should seal the thing up or not.
Any thoughts
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

I thought mine had areas that could drain where the plate that the pin mounts on is connected to the upper piece. I thought the corners were notched out, but i haven't been back to the lake where my 5ers at in about 3 weeks.
You could always drill a couple 1/8" or so holes in the lower plate and just use a nylon wear plate so grease wont clog the holes up.
I keep my tank rinse wand up in my pin box, and have on both my puma and my sabre......im pretty sure i have drain holes.....im gonna have to check.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #3

I'm talking about sealing the gap around the area where the pin box goes up into the 5er front area. It's hard for me to explain I'll try to take a picture of the area I'm talking about.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5er