Old 09-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #31
We are seasonal and love our resort (Happy Hills Embro Ontario)It's about 11/2 hours away from home and has everything we need a short 20 min drive from our trailer's front door.
Our granddaughters spend most of the summer with us up there and have made a lot of friends. We can wash the trailer thru the week and keep our site neat and tidy. We bought a park model (Wildwood 402 QBQ) last week and plan on staying seasonal for a very long time. To each their own I say.

Fuzzy164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM   #32
I bought a small 25' RV so I can be as spontaneous as I want. I can find parking & maneuver it in through busy cities. With my solar panel on the roof, I'm ready for anything and can go anywhere, including many state parks with a 25' max.

mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #33
We enjoy the travel and variety but I certainly understand the convenience of the seasonal. But I will also say that we try to avoid campgrounds that have more than 20 to 25% seasonals. Our past experiences at campgrounds with a larger % of seasonal sites have not been warm or welcoming. Not only do the seasonal campers treat you differently but the some of the staff as well. For now we will stay on the road.
2012 Wildcat 313RE
2004 Chevy 2500HD 4D longbed
"Best money we ever wasted"
DRM796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #34
Seasonal just isn't for me. RV's have a set(s) of wheels on them for a purpose ... for mobility. I see a bit of a geographical trend on answers here. Some dread the set-up and tear down ... I feel it's all part of the fun of RVing. Some have found their ideal spot ... no matter how ideal the spot for me, I know there is way more adventure ansd sites to experience on down the road. Like some of the other responses, I can sit on my back porch and take in the same view day after day ... I don't need two separate places saddled with the same scenery.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 01:40 PM   #35
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
We would NEVER be seasonal campers.
RVS have WHEELS, which means they're for being moved.
We would be absolutely bored out of our minds if we had to go to the same place all the time.
Might as well get a cabin.
We bought our RV to see all the beauty North America has to offer.
Not to sit in the same campground all the time.
x's 2 on this, most places that have seasonal camping are mostly filled with junk. I would buy a cabin first. If you have wheels they are meant to turn and not sit. You might find a good clean place but they are few in between. Also lets say your neighbor isn't the most congenial person, now your stuck with your neighbors or people who really do not care. I have been to CG like that, and I look around and all I see is green broken down campers. I'm sure there are so good ones, but I bought mine to see new area's and meet new people...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #36
Is this a pretty clear divide of snowbirds/ retirees escaping for the winter or to see grand kids vs. younger generations and high energy?
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:31 PM   #37
Site Team
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
Is this a pretty clear divide of snowbirds/ retirees escaping for the winter or to see grand kids vs. younger generations and high energy?
In my experience, seasonal camping tends to skew towards the older side, but I do know quite a few (like me) that are still in their 30's.

I think it's mostly due to financial stability which a lot of young families don't quite have until later.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #38
Who Dares, Wins
I am not in to seasonal we, along with others, got the trailer to see what this great county had to offer. Our 2 year old has been to almost the entire eastern seaboard minus North of New York. I would get bored seeing the same place over and over.

Now, my best friend and his family (got us into camping when we were kids) used to camp all over (mostly in OCMD) but eventually got a permanent site in South Jersey. They kept the trailer there until they eventually bought some land and put a house on it. No they were permanent for 10 years or so. They mostly just wanted to lay on the beach and my friend and his dad took out their boat.

Different strokes for different folks...

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #39
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
no, i don't think so.

i think some do it because they don't have a lot of time off, especially young families.
then some are older and no longer have the desire to drive a lot and just want a nice place to vacation/relax at.

we're in our 60's and are retired. but we would never choose a seasonal site.

yet you'll read that some families with kids prefer it because of lack of time off and it's simpler just to drive the family to the seasonal site.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus
We aren't "retired retired" just yet so just take Rocky out as much as we can between the cold Colorado winter months.

We have noticed that we are creatures of habit and have favorite camp ground and even favorite "spots" (we print out campground maps and write all over them for future trips.)

After last year, when we didn't visit a SINGLE new campground, we decided to venture out and make ourselves go to at least one or two new placed a year. We've, already, discovered a new place in northern Colorado earlier this year and, next month, will be trying out another new area out west.

When we are officially retired, we may just park for a season near family members. Most are in Northern Maine but we also have friends in Michigan and family in northern California, southern Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina.

We can't wait!!!!!!!

Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote