Old 09-10-2015, 09:50 PM   #51
We have been in our seasonal site for 20 years. I like being able to go anytime and no set up. When I camp alone, I feel much safer in a campground where I know my neighbors. Since we also enjoy our boat, we can have both at the same place at the same time. We can wash and wax to our heart's content too.
In the spring and fall we take a road trip. But all summer, while you are packing and setting up, I will be entertaining friends and sipping a cold beverage!

MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:09 PM   #52
We done both over the years ... the convenience of being seasonal at a good place has kept us doing so for the past 5 years now, and the kids just love it.

By far we have spent way more nights in our trailer doing seasonal, than we would have ever been able to do if transient camping.

Stages in each persons life will have a direct effect on which suits them best ... there will be plenty of time to travel once the kids are out on their own ...

2009 Salem PT 403FB
2005 Ford XLT Supercrew
Cookies & Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #53
We do both right now. Last weekend were at our Park Model call the Trottage, spent a week there prior to Labour Day as I was working and close t work with a shorter commute. This weekend we off to Lake Huron to camp at ur favourite Provincial Park. Seasonal site closes Oct 10th so we have a month of RV travel yet at the very least. We liked travelling this summer to Nashville (too hot) and Goshen. Both work for us.
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #54
We have a seasonal site, had it since '92. Used to go every weekend, but as life changed, we went less and less. We are part owners, so we still have the site... my parents, Uncle and Brother all camp there. We have an old TT with a roof built over it; it's still in pretty good shape. Last year we bought a road worthy TT and now are taking it on the road. I guess it's a matter of perspective.... I get pretty board staying at the same place.

We camped in our new trailer there last weekend, and we're going to be there again this weekend.... mostly to spend time with my parents and continue setting up the new trailer. We have 3 more camping trips planned this fall, I like that a lot more at this point.
John and Linda
2016 Rockwood 2604WS
2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
2015 - 36 nights
2016 - 47 nights
LandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #55
We have done seasonal for three years now. Happened by accident. I first bought a camper to live in while working out of town. When I gave up that job I told DW if we were going to keep this thing we were going to use it not park it. Set up a weekend early in the year, wound up extending that for a month and then extending for the whole year.

Stayed there another year till weird rules started coming up and moved to where we are now. But we have decided that next year we will be more mobile. Go were we want when we want. Even bought a smaller trailer so it is easier to move around.

I love going but must admit some weekends I feel like I have to go because we have paid for the season. But driving up and turning on the water in lieu of setting all up is attractive also.

We are looking forward to exploring more next year. This year we have pulled out three times to go to different places. Once back to the east coast for a week. Others in the CG look at you funny when you are gone for a couple of weekends.
After 17 years gone - Finally moved back to Vermont 2016.
2015 Microlite 21 FBRS
Silverado 1500 TV
Lost Vermonters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:35 AM   #56
Originally Posted by HESN22 View Post
We do both ... We have a seasonal site which we enjoy on the long weekends and weekends while working and we pull it out and travel with it while on holidays ... Best of both worlds! By doing this get to enjoy trailer much more than we would otherwise ... And yes we keep it maintained ...

psrujak is offline   Reply With Quote