Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #1

Second Hopper3

From anyone who has an installation at home with two hopper 3 receivers - I know I'd have to buy me own second unit, and revert back to non-hybrid LNB and install a DPH42 switch. My question is how the second hopper works in the network. Is it able to access the other hopper's recordings?
What I want to do is be able to take the second hopper and one Joey with me in the RV when we leave, without disturbing the main hopper which has internet, phone, etc. connections, and can record DW's soaps while we travel (the most important thing).
If anyone has done this sort of thing with a Wally instead of second hopper, I'd like to know how that works as well.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck.C View Post
From anyone who has an installation at home with two hopper 3 receivers - I know I'd have to buy me own second unit, and revert back to non-hybrid LNB and install a DPH42 switch. My question is how the second hopper works in the network. Is it able to access the other hopper's recordings?
What I want to do is be able to take the second hopper and one Joey with me in the RV when we leave, without disturbing the main hopper which has internet, phone, etc. connections, and can record DW's soaps while we travel (the most important thing).
If anyone has done this sort of thing with a Wally instead of second hopper, I'd like to know how that works as well.
Chuck all I can answer is the second hopper access as I have not removed them from my home. There is "other devices" In the menu to access the remote hopper so you can play recordings from either hopper on any device (hopper or joey).

The rest I cannot help you with. I assume they are connected over my home network but they may also make their own on the cable because the Joey's have no network cable.

Hope that answers at least one question for you. Good luck.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 PM   #3

Thanks, dbledan, but are these two Hopper 3s? Sounds like my old two hopper (1 and 2000) installation. If they are hopper3's, what is the whole configuration?