Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #41
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

My paranoia sets in when entering an unknown gas station for filling. I survey the best I can, but there is always that "unknown". Do I have enough room to turn, will I make a fool out of myself, will I have to unhook the toad. All of these things race around the brain at the instant of entering. Been lucky so far, but someday it is going to get me. At least that's what the little voice in there says....

awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #42
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
My paranoia sets in when entering an unknown gas station for filling. I survey the best I can, but there is always that "unknown". Do I have enough room to turn, will I make a fool out of myself, will I have to unhook the toad. All of these things race around the brain at the instant of entering. Been lucky so far, but someday it is going to get me. At least that's what the little voice in there says....
Old Murphy has nipped (no damages) me a couple of times in getting boxed in, but with time and patience, always managed to get out without unhooking. One time over an hr at a restaurant. I was constantly maneuvering, silently wishing one of the two jokers that boxed me in would come out and move their vehicle. I really think the jerks were inside just watching. Since that episode, I really watch where I park.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

my secret confession, actually ours, is that when we pull into a campground, we choose a site as far as possible from any that have kids' bikes/stuff in them.
we love kids but not when we're camping. that's a big reason we choose not to camp in the summer. camping is a wonderful activity for families and since summer is the usual time for them, we want them to enjoy the experience.
we camp when they're back in school and living in California, that means 9 months of camping.
Us too. We pretty much won't do any camping until September/October.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #44

You guys need to lighten up on yourselves. Who cares if it takes two tries to get into a camping spot. I really enjoy backing up with a trailer. Everyone knows it is not the easiest thing to do in a tight spot and there are blind spots all around but I take it as a challenge and just do it. If someone wants to laugh at me I would shrug it off and watch them like a hawk for them to make a mistake, and offer to help if they needed it.

My secret confession is that I love to watch someone backing up a truck and trailer, but it is sure not to make fun of them. I enjoy watching the hitch interact with the front tires of the tow vehicle. If they happen to back into something I would probably take them a beer and help them out if I could.

Another secret confession, I enjoy walking through the campground to people watch and see how friendly other people are. People watching can be very interesting.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #45

Secret confession. I 'm the one in the straw cowboy hat fired up on BlackJack(Daniels), singin' way too loud to my much too loud CD player blastin' Sweet Home Alabama.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #46

My secret confession, I donít like camping in Missouri State Parks. In many Missouri state parks there are posts close to the road that get in the way when backing. Those post are short enough that they can disappear in your mirror when backing. Itís not the post on your site that presents a problem, itís the post on the opposite side of the road that can be an issue, especially for big rigs. My rig is 35 feet long and I have a crewcab 4X4 truck, so when I back into a site the front of the truck will almost always have to swing into the grass area opposite the site. Thatís when those posts can jump out and damage your truck. Hereís a pic taken at Meramec State Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_1030.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	31258  

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
Secret confession. I 'm the one in the straw cowboy hat fired up on BlackJack(Daniels), singin' way too loud to my much too loud CD player blastin' Sweet Home Alabama.
Can't play "Sweet Home Alabama" too loud for me! and I'm not even FROM Alabama. Love the song; love Lynyrd Skynyrd.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #48
Phat Phrog Physician

Secret Confession:

When I say to the DF "Oh hell no, honey, that wasn't me, that was the dog!!!"...

It really was me.

Doc

SabreDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #49

hahahhaha...Doc, I blame it on our cat.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreDoc View Post
Secret Confession:

When I say to the DF "Oh hell no, honey, that wasn't me, that was the dog!!!"...

It really was me.

Doc
Secret confession:

Sometimes when the dog smells horrible, I take credit for it and laugh...