Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I don't cook - not even to grill.
My wife is the only one of us who knows how to cook. Just because charcoal and fire are involved and it's done outdoors.....I do NOT miraculously become a good cook. I leave it to her, indoors or out. I eat better that way.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #102

I confess that, while I do 95% of the cooking at home, the only cooking I'd rather do while camping is to make the coffee and roast marshmallows.

Can't wait for the kids to be old enough to start cooking for the DH and I.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #103
Always Learning

I'll confess - I cried a little on Tuesday.

I bought a black tank flush for my 2nd black tank. It was one of those things that I kept meaning to do and didn't get around to. I had to take the camper in for service to have a toilet replaced and I figured, I might as well let them install the tank flush. But, of course- being me, I was very specific that I wanted the hose hidden up inside of the underbelly and gave instructions for exactly where I wanted the hose end installed.

I cried a little when I saw that they charged me 2.25 hours at $99/hour to install a $30 part!

Next time, I'm gonna buck and and install this carp myself!
Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #104

I secretly liked the Dodge Rams since around 2010 while owning a Ford, then I bought one this week. Cats out of the bag! I feel dirty now.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #105

I confess, I watch in awe when other campers wives actively help set up. Hell I have even seen the woman do it all while the man watched!

Another confession, being a new 5er owner I learned the hard way to make sure you are straight when hooking up. I was hooking up, truck was at slight angle and I bumped back to lock coupling in place and corner of tailgate dinged the door on the generator/ storage compartment. Brand new camper...hate it when That happens!
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #106

As far as the ladies driing.....We know folks that the lady does all of the motorhome driving.....ALWAYS. WHY???.....She drove school buses for 30 odd years and he drove a desk in an office. It works out best for them.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #107
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
I secretly liked the Dodge Rams since around 2010 while owning a Ford, then I bought one this week. Cats out of the bag! I feel dirty now.
No need to feel "dirty" - rather you should be grateful that you have finally been saved from that awful fate that awaits all Ford and Chevy owners out there - that being having to call for a tow or Roadside Assistance that all of them will have to make if they haven't already.

You have been saved brother
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #108
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
No need to feel "dirty" - rather you should be grateful that you have finally been saved from that awful fate that awaits all Ford and Chevy owners out there - that being having to call for a tow or Roadside Assistance that all of them will have to make if they haven't already.

You have been saved brother
Yeah, call us when that Ruined Another Motor gives up the ghost and deposits its remains all over the road.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #109
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Yeah, call us when that Ruined Another Motor gives up the ghost and deposits its remains all over the road.
Hope you aren't waiting by the phone - time marches on
Old 06-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #110

I confess I was impressed yesterday when my wife hooked up the trailer (by herself) while I was at work so we could leave for camping earlier.
tanddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heldapay
My secret confessions - I have a few. My camper stays cleaner than my house! And it has nicer towels, silverware and decor in it than I keep in my house. I also don't cook very much at home but I love cooking while we're camping. I'm obviously a much better camperwife than I am a housewife!
Good grief! Are you my long lost sister? LOL. Sounds just like me!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #112

Good to know I'm not the only one. We took our new Vengeance 306 to a bike rally a couple weekends ago, it was the first time pulling and parking a 5th Wheel, not to mention toy hauler. It was nerve racking loading the bikes at home, even worse at the cg, but all in all it went pretty smooth. Driving down the middle of main street with wall to wall motorcycles on both sides, it seemed like we only had a few inches to spare, no room or place for a mistake.
Lt. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #113

That first cold one after you've parked and set up in the mountains is the best.
Lt. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #114

My confession: One of the reasons we ditched the Rpod for a new unit after just one year was the privacy factor. We're friendly people and like to get to know our next door neighbors while camping, but we like to keep to ourselves for the most part... Camping in an Rpod made privacy an impossibility. Everyone wanted to "peak inside the cute little camper"... Tailgating at Penn State football games became unbearable. As a newbie at backing up, i (mentally) struggled with people standing along the road watching the cute little camper back in. Now we blend in with the rest of the crowd.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #115
B47

My confession and if I am posting it here it"s not a secret.

Sometime ago I posted a question in a thread that had to do with TV's -

that being why the Ram 2500 3/4 ton Diesel pick up didn't come with factory equipped dual exhausts. I even said I asked my dealer why and he didn't know.

I have hung my head in shame ever since I asked - the reason being is that the Cummins 6.7L diesel engine in these vehicles is an inline 6 cylinder engine and as such has only 1 exhaust header and not 2 like a V8 has. I knew that but forgot it when I posted the question.

One nice person politely pointed that out to me in his reply and as soon as I read the first few words of his reply, I slapped mself on my forehead and swore that one day I would confess my stupidity to the forum. That day has come and I confess.

I feel better now.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #116
Mod free 5er

Quote:
...Sometime ago I posted a question in a thread that had to do with TV's -that being why the Ram 2500 3/4 ton Diesel pick up didn't come with factory equipped dual exhausts. I even said I asked my dealer why and he didn't know...
We all know what happened B, you had been around Turbs too much and had one of his brain fa-ts. I've heard it's contagious.

You can always put a "Y" pipe in and get duals.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #117
B47

Quote:
We all know what happened B, you had been around Turbs too much and had one of his brain fa-ts. I've heard it's contagious.

You can always put a "Y" pipe in and get duals.
Thanks for your kind words and I am sure the Turbo factor played a role here. He can sure be bad news sometimes.

Yes on the "Y" - but at this point in my life I am content to not modify anything that is performing as it should, so I think I will leave it just like Mr.Ram designed it.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #118

My confession... Our first pop-up had a bike rack on the back. DW & I went camping with our daughter & her friend. While backing into the site, I crunched daughter's bike against a tree! D'oh! Wasn't TOO bad... Just had to buy her a new wheel....
Nammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #119
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Thanks for your kind words and I am sure the Turbo factor played a role here. He can sure be bad news sometimes...
Sorry, but I have to correct you, "He can be 'just ok' once in a blue moon" 99.9% of the time he is "Bad News".
Old 06-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #120
B47

Quote:
Sorry, but I have to correct you, "He can be 'just ok' once in a blue moon" 99.9% of the time he is "Bad News".
You are correct of course - I just feel kind of sorry for the guy and the people around him

Of course remember that I'm the kind of guy that takes in stray animals