Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berryville, Arkansas
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
Don't go. Spend your hard earned money somewhere else.
Ha! Ha! Good answer. I know I haven't left anything there!
__________________

__________________


2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 11:27 AM   #72
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Rolling buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,330
My thoughts, DW n I both are ccw. She does not carry daily, nor often,however, I thought it would be wise for her to be card holder too,for this reason. When camping , or spending time together anywhere, if my weapon is in the vehicle,and she needed to get. "ice-cream", got pulled over ,or even worse , in an accident, she could be in large trouble.
Also, I have read in this thread, never had the need , glad to hear it. But what if??
Something to consider,when thinking ccw, as I said if the weapon is in the vehicle.... ccw concealed CARRY , meaning intended to be on yr person, when not on you're person, ALWAYS be a responsible citizen. Lock it up, we are responsible for our weapon, at all times,
I do agree, that when camping at state,national, or privately owned facility,,99.9% of the time, there is no need,b safe, and have fun, and whenever possible , look out for each other !! When the good stand together, the bad have no chance!!
__________________

__________________
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,201
I do agree, that when camping at state,national, or privately owned facility,,99.9% of the time, there is no need,b safe, and have fun, and whenever possible , look out for each other !! When the good stand together, the bad have no chance!![/QUOTE]



Amen.....
__________________
gasman94 is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #74
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Glock 23 for me and Ruger 38LCR for the DW and we both have CCW. We are hoping to go full time in about a year. What the heck would we do if we entered a state like New York?

For us it's really simple; We don't.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #75
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
My thoughts, DW n I both are ccw. She does not carry daily, nor often,however, I thought it would be wise for her to be card holder too,for this reason. When camping , or spending time together anywhere, if my weapon is in the vehicle,and she needed to get. "ice-cream", got pulled over ,or even worse , in an accident, she could be in large trouble.
Also, I have read in this thread, never had the need , glad to hear it. But what if??
Something to consider,when thinking ccw, as I said if the weapon is in the vehicle.... ccw concealed CARRY , meaning intended to be on yr person, when not on you're person, ALWAYS be a responsible citizen. Lock it up, we are responsible for our weapon, at all times,
I do agree, that when camping at state,national, or privately owned facility,,99.9% of the time, there is no need,b safe, and have fun, and whenever possible , look out for each other !! When the good stand together, the bad have no chance!!
RB,

Here in Louisiana a person's vehicle is considered an extension of their home. We don't have to keep a PPD on our person while in our vehicles. It can be concealed in the vehicle also. Just make sure you declare immediately it if pulled over by LEAs.

I'm not sure that extends to a TT or 5er while traveling here inside LA. We need to check on that.

What do you do if you stop at a bank?
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #76
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
I do agree, that when camping at state,national, or privately owned facility,,99.9% of the time, there is no need,b safe, and have fun, and whenever possible , look out for each other !! When the good stand together, the bad have no chance!!


While it's true that most commercial camp sites are, for the most part, secure, what about when you stop at rest areas while traveling in your RV, especially at night?

Florida has armed security guards at their rest stops on the interstate, *because* of horrific things that have happened at those rest stops including attacks that resulted in fatalities.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Broadway Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 636
I primarily travel alone since the DW cannot travel so it is reassuring to always have an equalizer (legal CCW) when traveling at night, or for that matter when camping alone.
__________________
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Truth B Towed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 253
We never had a problem in the almost thirty some years camping, alot of our camping in between these two wonderrful cities [Flint and Detroit among the top 5 in crime rates]. we have grandkids running in and out of the TT, would be more afraid of them finding a gun in the trailer and playiong with it, irregrdless if it had a gun lock.
__________________
__________________
2008 Silverado 5.3 tow package
2013 Roo 25rs
2014 nites booked 10
Truth B Towed is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #79
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Rolling buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
RB,

Here in Louisiana a person's vehicle is considered an extension of their home. We don't have to keep a PPD on our person while in our vehicles. It can be concealed in the vehicle also. Just make sure you declare immediately it if pulled over by LEAs.

I'm not sure that extends to a TT or 5er while traveling here inside LA. We need to check on that.

What do you do if you stop at a bank?

Wezzer, to my understanding the law here is the same,it can be stored in the vehicle, and no longer is required to be locked. However I personally, am constantly concerned of a scenario with a kid or thief , breaking into the vehicle,to take a gps,stereo,or even loose change, gets a surprise, to be used improperly. And I would feel responsible for its use. So my point was to keep it with you,whenever possible.
About the bank,there even signs at the drive through......which I ignore!

Point of reference, all national park buildings,stores, gas stations,gift shops,and the like, are considered federal buildings. No carry. Also check any state buildings in parks in you're travel routes!

Happy Camping !!
__________________
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply
Old 02-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Glock 23 for me and Ruger 38LCR for the DW and we both have CCW. We are hoping to go full time in about a year. What the heck would we do if we entered a state like New York?
If you have any contact with any law enforcement you will be arrested if you have any fire arm on your person or in your vehicle (or any 'illegal' component of a firearm). From running your drivers license information they will find out that you and your wife have a CCW and this will give them probable cause to search (tear apart) your vehicle. Do not resist them and be very polite.

New York has among the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. New York's restrictive laws also apply to other items regarded as deadly weapons, such as certain knives, clubs, throwing stars, chemical sprays, explosives, and stun guns. The combined non-refundable fees required to apply for a New York City concealed carry permit average around $5,000, with no guarantee the applicant will actually be issued a permit. New York does not honor any other states Permit/License

Hence, all of the good advice of staying out of NY if you wish to keep your Liberty and safety of carrying a fire arm or a can of deadly wasp spray.

Sorry if this post looks a little over the top for the tread, but know each states laws in Every aspect (not just fire arms) before you go into them and prepare as such and you will have a much better time camping.
__________________

__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.