Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150k View Post
Has anyone Sold or Consigned an RV to Camping World. I have two campers, a 5th wheel and a pickup camper, we have used or 5th wheel once in 3 years time to let go. Also there is goodsam.com/community/sell-your-rv/ has anyone used this. Looking for the Pros and Cons Thank you
Do not Laugh,,, Try Ebay !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Has anyone Sold or Consigned an RV to Camping World.
So based on the responses so far, the answer to this is "no".
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #23
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Do not Laugh,,, Try Ebay !!!
I'm not laughing! I bought a Mallard TT once sight unseen (except for online pictures) from South Carolina from eBay.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #24
Kasual Kamper

I'd use all possible means that don't involve a commission...Craigs, Facebook Marketplace, RV Trader, local newspaper classifieds and your front lawn. Ya never know. The more exposure the better.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:52 AM   #25

Facebook market place

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Also try offerup or facebook marketplace.
I would never consider a consignment deal with CW.
I go thru Facebook market place looking for deals. I got a good trade on my mustang for another mustang that had been customized. This car is awesome. However, I went through a car dealer and knew I wouldn't get much on my trade in due to it's condition and I was ok with that. I found a pull behind RV on market place. A 2018 Gray Wolf Limited. Went to the guys house and looked it over. I had never had an RV before so I thought I was getting a good deal. I believed everything he told me. After getting it home I decided to plug it up. He told me that it's a 220 plug. So I connected to a 220 outlet. Guess what. I fried my RV. I plan on going through Camping World for a trade in. I know I won't get much out of it but a little is better than none. I am a newbie learning the hard way. Wish I had found this site before hand.
Filidei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #26

[B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]CAUTION !!!
"SCAMMERS hanging out on Creigs List !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #27

I have sold two campers... Both were listed in three places. Craigslist, Facebook, and Uncle Henry's (New England/ Maine thing)...

Both sold through Facebook Marketplace. In my opinion this is one of the best places to list. You can interact with people, have better records of conversation, and can even look at profiles of the buyers. In the end I don't care a whole lot about their profile- but for security I do look. I can see how long they have had an account, do they have mutual friends, even buyer ratings. If the account is a few days old and only has a couple friends... I'm probably not going to meet them, and definitely not going to meet the at my home. Others, sure... I give my address and they can come check it out.

In both cases I got exactly what I was expecting- One slightly less than asking and one spot on asking. But thats selling, I rarely expect to get asking. Sure you have to deal with the process of selling, but I my time is well worth the few thousand more I get selling myself than I would through a dealer!
For me the best part has been adding "friends". We sold our honey-moon camper to another young couple who did their honey-moon with it. It was great to see someone else making the same great memories with it.

Days Traveled:2021-51 / 2020-43 / 2019-37 / 2018-30
CentralMePistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #28
Citrus County, Fl.

Back in 2015 I sold our 99 Terry from a Craigslist ad. Make sure you take excellent pictures with a digital camera, the lady that bought mine said "if it looks as good as the pictures I will take it". I figured whatever the dealer would give me for it in realty would be on paper only and just tacked on to the price of what we were buying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2419.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	207110   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_2417.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	207112  
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #29

Good read, l am not defending Camping World or taking sides, just more knowledge.https://rvmiles.com/is-camping-world-going-bankrupt/
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:02 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellmarty View Post
Good read, l am not defending Camping World or taking sides, just more knowledge.https://rvmiles.com/is-camping-world-going-bankrupt/
TL;DR

Some podcaster started a rumor that CW is going bankrupt but they probably aren't.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:23 PM   #31
Lifesylers

Selling your RV

I would not take my dog to Camping World except to poop in their parking lot. I owe them that since they filled my tanks up while waiting on them for month for simple repair. Should have dumped the black right in the entrance. Also sold a 40 f5th wheel after 3 months, they never put in on their web page. Really great TT, too many excuses for anything they do or might do. Run don't walk.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:23 PM   #32

PPL motorhome takes consignment and charges 10% commission but you have to take it to Texas. I currently have a Jayco Class C on consignment with a local RV dealer.
ledoylefcco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:42 PM   #33
RogerD

I have bought and sold on Craigslist, eBay, RV Trader, local Classified Advertising service and IRV2 Classifieds. These purchases and sales ranged in price from over $60,000 down to a few thousand. The total number of RVs (motorhomes, travel trailers, 5th wheels) bought and sold on these services is 12. The secret to selling on-line is to put the maximum number of photos you can put on the site and a full and complete description (including any outstanding issues the buyer can expect). Doing it yourself on-line is definitely a good way to go.
rdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:58 PM   #34

Selling camper t0 Camping World

Quote:
Has anyone Sold or Consigned an RV to Camping World. I have two campers, a 5th wheel and a pickup camper, we have used or 5th wheel once in 3 years time to let go. Also there is goodsam.com/community/sell-your-rv/ has anyone used this. Looking for the Pros and Cons Thank you
Be careful dealing with Camping world at all, pretty strong rumor out there that they may be heading for bankruptcy, stock prices took a dive.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 08:45 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledoylefcco View Post
PPL motorhome takes consignment and charges 10% commission but you have to take it to Texas. I currently have a Jayco Class C on consignment with a local RV dealer.
I was hoping someone else would mention PPL. I bought my first travel trailer through them and it was a wonderful experience. I would expect they treat their sellers as well as they do their buyers. Someday when I sell this one I'll take it back to them.

Like mentioned above, they're in Texas. So if you're not in or near Texas this advice might be worthless.
chetcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetcampbell View Post
I was hoping someone else would mention PPL. I bought my first travel trailer through them and it was a wonderful experience. I would expect they treat their sellers as well as they do their buyers. Someday when I sell this one I'll take it back to them.

Like mentioned above, they're in Texas. So if you're not in or near Texas this advice might be worthless.
We all know that you could have good and bad experiences no matter where you go. I have a Camping World 5 minutes from my house, Being a seasoned camper and owning different campers thru my life I have a hard time on how they promote there "sale" prices and before you know it they are adding this that and the other fee, we all know they have expenses and that we pay for it one way or another but not a big fan of deceptive adds. The local branch bought out a good local mom and pop store, ran it for a year, then shut the doors so they could get rid of the original employee's, they said there salaries were to high. 1 year later the reopened, I know this because I was a good friend of the service manager. Just put a bad taste in my mouth.
skipatroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #37

most "consignment" places are a joke. they offer to buy from you ( And we take all the risk of selling) at a low wholesale, or they charge a "lot rental fee" while it is consigned. I found a true consignment place (near KC, MO). Placed the 5fth wheel in Sept. It didn't sell until March, cost me %10 of selling price, plus minor repairs made when inspected.
tonys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #38

If you want to sell your RV take it to PPL Motorhomes. in Houston, TX they do a wonderful job with NO up front fees and will sell in quickly for a very fair price which will be way more than you could sell it for. the only draw back is taking it to Houston they charge a Flat Rate of 10% no other hidden fees of any kind. Yes I have used them as well as friends of m. check it line. they won't cut the price just to make a sale without your approval. the sales people there are on a Salary not commission.

pplmotorhomes.com
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #39

I found and sold my 1st camper on RVT.com. Its free to post for a month, but after the 1st month it was listed, RVT sent me an email to renew it for another month for free. It sold shortly after. I had it up on craigslist too, and got some interest from there.
Gregory.Empfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #40

Put a sign on the curb in front of our house...."Camper for Sale"....9 days later it was gone. New owner let one of her DB kids borrow it last summer. Left food cooking on stove and was partying outside with BF and burn the thing to the ground. 2007 Jayco and it was in great condition when I sold it.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping