Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #1

Selling the one you love

So I figured a few of you have done this over the years.

We are getting close to selling something we truly love.

Our camper.

We bought it about a year and a half ago. It is so unique that we loved it the first time we saw it!

We have made a ton of good memories in it and really enjoy camping. But now we are ready to buy a bigger camper. We need more space.

Wow is it tough to sell something that you love so much and that is not easily duplicated. If it was just any old camper I wouldn't care, but it scares us to sell it and think that we might not like the new one as well and there is no going back!!!

I bought it on Craigslist 30 minutes after it was posted for full asking price.

I posted it on Craig's yesterday for $200 more than I paid for it and within an hour had one serious call and by hour 2 I have a lady coming tomorrow with cash.

This one is tough to let go. I don't think I've ever sold something that I still really liked. I'm usually done with it and ready to see it go.

Caleb

Sorry for the sideways second pic. Don't know what's going on there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0950.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	522.1 KB
ID:	151576   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0951.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	151577   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0953.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	151578  
calebj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #2

I know the feeling. Always ready to get rid of a car and get a new one.....but camper is a unique part of your life. I'm sure the new unit will generate just as many memories.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #3

Did you decide on your new one yet?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #4

We went through the same thing last month. We had a beautiful 2008 Wilderness that we had camped in many times over 9 years. Our family made great memories in that trailer. It was in great shape, we stored it inside, and I did a lot of cool mods and improvements. It was very difficult to get rid of, but we wanted a trailer with a bunkhouse for our daughter.

Because I knew how special this trailer was due to it's care and maintenance, I offered it up to family and friends before advertising in the open. Fortunately, a good friend bought it, so it still feels like it's in the family.

It's weird building emotional attachment to these objects, but the trailer was an important part of our family's lives, and will always be fondly looked back upon. I hope that our new trailer provides as many trouble-free memories and experiences for the next 9+ years.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
Did you decide on your new one yet?

Yep. We are sticking with the puma 32RBFQ. It just has everything that we want and the price is where we wanna be.
calebj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #6

Very cool! Enjoy your new trailer!!!
Old 09-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #7
NH Maple Maker

Yep been there done that. I sold my 1985 Shasta TT when I bought the 2014 V-Cross that I have now. I paid $300 for it in very poor condition but had to have something to get out of the tent. I replaced most of the floor and fixed everything that didn't work in the time that I had it. I put it on Craigslist and sold it less than 2 hours later for $700 cash. My wife and I had a lot of good times in the 7 years that we camped with that trailer. We were sad to see it go.

2014 V Cross VIBE 822VRBS

2017 Silverado 1500 crew cab 4x4
russhd1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #8

First of all, congrats on the purchase, memories and sale of this unit. Here's hoping your new camper will make you even happier.

As for me, only had 1 tiny Shasta tt a very long time ago and then a pickup slide in model that was equally okay. Didn't bother me any when either one of them departed and I had $$ in hand.
Even cars, trucks and such were no problems until my last motorcycle, man ~ did I hate seeing that baby loaded into a trailer and then head down my driveway! Almost chased the guy down and change my mind, but I know the guy personally and know how much he wanted it .. I know it's being taken care of and ridden well. Now, we have a trike and are even happier!!

Here's to you & yours
Happy Camping!!
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by extxn View Post
First of all, congrats on the purchase, memories and sale of this unit. Here's hoping your new camper will make you even happier.

As for me, only had 1 tiny Shasta tt a very long time ago and then a pickup slide in model that was equally okay. Didn't bother me any when either one of them departed and I had $$ in hand.
Even cars, trucks and such were no problems until my last motorcycle, man ~ did I hate seeing that baby loaded into a trailer and then head down my driveway! Almost chased the guy down and change my mind, but I know the guy personally and know how much he wanted it .. I know it's being taken care of and ridden well. Now, we have a trike and are even happier!!

Here's to you & yours
Happy Camping!!
I can understand, I had an offer to buy my first car, a 62 Chevy Impala SS Convertible and could not complete the sale because I didn't want to part with it.

Eventually a 69 Dodge Super Bee caused me to sell it though.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #10

I also had an Adirondack TT that I felt exactly the same about. My insurance company totaled it due to an unknown leak that caused serious mold and wood damage to the TT. I was absolutely heartbroken. Like your TT, mine had the off-white interior, which is what drew me to the Adirondack in the first place. Not only did I absolutely love the colors inside my Adirondack, the floor plan was somehow designed just for me without anyone asking for my input first!!

While I am mostly happy with my Rockwood TT, which I purchased new, I still pine for my Adirondack, which was ripped from my grasp and will probably never be duplicated. That being said, I have done my best to make my Rockwood mine. I do like it but my Adirondack raised the bar that few TTs I can afford will ever meet...

Happy hunting for your next dream RV!
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #11

Yes it's hard

We recently sold our '87 Palomino Fold-a-wall camper and it was very hard watching pulled out the driveway, even though we sold it to a good neighbor. It was still hard though. Moved up to a 34 foot travel trailer and not looking back. Great memories though
bobstepsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #12
txkreddog

You can always go home, but you can never go back. Best of luck with the new camper, hope it provides enough good experiences/memories to replace the previous unit.
txkreddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by txkreddog View Post
You can always go home, but you can never go back. Best of luck with the new camper, hope it provides enough good experiences/memories to replace the previous unit.
It is the People you are with that are the TRUE memories, not the vehicle. The ONLY thing on this planet of any Real value are People. The rest is just Stuff!

The People will be the same in a larger, improved vehicle and the memories will still be there!
Old 09-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #14

My wife and I bought a new Fleetwood Prowler travel trailer 250RKS 25ft with a single dinette slide back in 2006 we nicknamed it the 'Prowler' we were new to RVing and learned alot over the years. The funny thing is nothing ever went wrong with that TT everything worked and we never had any issues for the ten years we owned it.

In 2016 we got to talking about getting a new TT we wanted more space so we bought a new Rockwood 2703 we listed the Prowler on CL and sold it for not much less then what we paid for it. It was a sad day when we saw it being pulled down our driveway for the last time sometimes not thinking my wife and I still refer to our new TT has the 'Prowler' and we have to correct ourselves
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote