Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #1

Sensar IV Wally OTA setup

I have Wally receiver and Sensar IV antenna trying to get the OTA adapter to work. Talked to Dish and they can't help. Sensar on channel 22 has a signal strength of 66 and tv finds 25 channels. Wally states adapter is working but scanning option on Wally finds no channels. Has anyone used the Wally adapter with a Sensar IV? Dish could not tell me if that antenna worked or not but they are going to make me prove antenna is not at fault before they look at adapter or receive issues.
RCFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Couple of things come to mind.
1) Are you connecting the Wally adapter to the tv out of the antenna power supply/distribution plate? It should work connected to either tv1 or tv2.

2) Do you have the power supply turned on when scanning for channels with the Wally?

3) Are you using an external splitter to connect the Wally and tv at the same time?
Old 06-19-2018, 04:45 PM   #3

using a splitter off tv1 wall plate so cable runs to tv and Wally adapter. Tried straight from tv1 to wally. did not work either. amp is turned on. spent an hour on phone with dish and all they could tell me is I need to be closer to broadcast station. signal is 66 and 57 channels are scanned through TV. zero for Wally. Asked dish if it could be receive they said no.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #4
Site Team

If the tv alone or connected to the splitter is receiving that many channels then it's not the antenna, splitter or power supply/distribution plate. It has to be the wally adapter.

You have any friends close that own a Wally? If you could borrow one for a test that may help you prove your point.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #5

I have tried two OTA adapters with same result. Next like you stated I will try and find another Wally to test. Thank you for the responses.