Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2019, 06:48 AM   #1

Sewer shower

So if I can tell you this story without busting up I will try. Sunday the wifie tells me she smells crap. So I put a little green pouch down the toilet, it's green and supposed to eliminate odor with a lovely pine smell. Later that evening she said I still smell crap, so I put another green pouch down the toilet. Getting ready to pack up and leave early this morning the wifie says she still smells crap. I said when we get to our next camp I will try and investigate. Everything was going pretty well so far when I was doing something under the camper and I noticed the belly cover was bulging. I had read where water can gather on these covers from leaks so I slightly pushed up on it to see if it felt like there was liquid in there. Well that was just enough to find why the wifie smells crap. That "crap smell" came rushing down on me like a small green waterfall. Long story short yes I did pull the belly pan down working in all my green glory as it dripped down from everywhere. I found the leak. The PVC connection at the black tank was leaking apparently not glued in well enough. I always carry butyl tape and clear waterproof silicone. Wad up some buryl tape like putty and pack it in. It can fix a lot. I also finish off with a covering of silicon. It really appears it fixed it. Of course why I was doing all that the wifie was on the phone with the dealership and that was ugly. So when I put everything back together I ended up throwing one shirt away triple bagging my favorite shorts and going to the campground bathhouse to take a long hot shower before taking off to our next camp.
Docjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:38 PM   #2

I nominate your post for thread of the year.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:07 AM   #3

So.....did you get any of the lovely pine smell as you were rolling around in it?

Good job fixing that crap. It's always nice to be prepared to repair stuff like that.
freyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyguy View Post
So.....did you get any of the lovely pine smell as you were rolling around in it?
Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #5

WOW I can imagine what your wife had to say to the dealer.
WD4LTO
Bookumdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #6

I'm sure she gave them crap!
Old 07-24-2019, 05:06 PM   #7

Yikes! I won’t laugh at your expense, as I worry about a similar experience!

Tags
show, shower