Old 04-17-2016, 08:57 PM   #1

Shocker Hitch

Receiver Air Hitch
Anybody running one of these on their rigs? If so, good thing or not?
I talked with a guy today who made his own air ride hitch. Said it made a big difference when "shockwaves" are sent to the trailer from the hitch due to bumps in the road. Said he got tired of opening the trailer after a trip and picking up crap tha had fallen out of the frig and cabinets.
He said that I would not need the torsion bars on the WDH (I have a Equalizer 4 Point) if I used his air ride hitch.
A couple of questions,
If I get this "shocker hitch" do I discard the torsion bars on my Equalizer?
And sway bars. Does the Equalizer 4 point also do sway control ( I thought it did, but I'm new at this) or should I count on the sway controller on my TV?

Thanks,
RMc

Old 04-17-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

I looked @ the shocker hitch but I would have to make a adapter for my Equalizer hitch . Plus I didn`t want to deal with a air bag. Yes your EQ hitch is weight dist and sway all in one . This is what I put together and it works great . Down fall is its heavy .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1078.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	105266  

Old 04-17-2016, 09:11 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

That is not a weight distribution hitch. It may take out the bounce but I doubt it will do anything for sway. I guess if you had a large enough tow vehicle.. But I still run my sway and WD and my truck can pull twice the trailer I have.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:22 PM   #4

Plus I think the shocker was rated @ 10k , not enough for my trailer . one I put together does weight dist sway control and smooths out the ride .
Old 04-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #5

Not wanting to now stupid here (and it wouldn't be the first time). I see where the receiver is and the ball. What is all that in between. I think I recognize the WD (Equalizer?) on the ball side, but what is in between the receiver and the ball? A new species to me.
Not having much experience here some things that are common place to others,are new to me.
Thanks
RMc
Old 04-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #6

The front part is a geny hitch model GH1201 and I made the adapter to put both hitches together . I believe its the first of its kind. Geny hitch torsion flex hitch works and its built like torsion axles. And it does work. It has two grease zerks so its easy to use. I have a lot of adjustment . 7 holes up and down and the geny can be flipped. Also Got 5 holes up and down on the adapter. 6 holes for the
EQ head . So a lot of adjustment. Hope that helps you out.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #7

OK,
I knew something looked custom there. I will tow a few times and see if the floors of TT are covered with most of the cabinet and refer contents before I consider some sort of "floating" hitch.

Thanks,
RMc
Old 04-18-2016, 05:03 PM   #8

Being A FR product it may have loose trim work and every time I tow mine I find more sawdust, wire pieces to vacuum up. Either way good luck with whatever you decide on. If you do go with the shocker , please post a picture and how it worked for you.

Tags
hitch