Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #21

A thousand thanks

You folks are all the best with all of your great responses. After a lot of researching, and this forum, we're going Sidewinder. Their customer service people were also very helpful. Can't wait to get this accomplished and be ready to get out on the road again. Once more, thanks to everyone!🙌
Mieujhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 AM   #22

I also have a short bed F350 pulling 13,000 lb fiver. I had a B&W turnoverball installed in truck. This will provide for a 100% clear bed when not towing. I then had a Reese Goosebox installed on trailer. I have had 3 fifth wheel trailers pulled by Ford trucks and this is by far the most secure and comfortable towing setup I've ever experienced.
And FWIW, an earlier poster said the 6.7 powerstroke is no Cummins was correct. The new powerstroke will last just as long, and will drag that ram Cummins across a Walmart parking lot. he he
Old 02-15-2016, 10:18 PM   #23

I have used the Reese Revolution, The Pullrite auto slide, a manual slider, and now the hitch hiker. Of all of them I like the Reese revolution and the hitchhiker the best. The Reese is great except if you sell your camper it most likely goes with it then you need a new one. The Benicia of the hitchhiker over the Pullrite is that with the Pullrite you need the capture plate for the camper but the hitchhiker design is built into the hitch and not the trailer for the capture plate. Also for my setup to put my Pullrite into my truck bed I would have had to either add factory rails above the bed which required drilling holes, or purchase an adapter setup for my factory setup which uses the puck system but still drill holes. The hitchhiker made a hitch using my factory puck system so no hole needed. I have a 2013 f-350 with factory under bed 5th wheel prep package.
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, hitch, truck