Old 02-05-2016, 09:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Looked pretty flimsy to me!

Need some heavy beams here.
I would go into my shelter logic, and push up, to make the snow slide off.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
This was located in NW Ohio,and it Was Very Flimsy! Youroo!!

Old 02-05-2016, 09:41 PM   #22
Retired

I love all the pics of your structures.
We have been planning a structure for the TT and farm equipment but with the price of such a structure we decided to rent a portion of a "horse" barn at a local fair grounds with conc floor, elec. and security. Renting vs owning....5 months of rent equals 1 month loan payment. Downside...it's not in my back yard.....maybe someday we will build a structure for the TT and equipment.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0524.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	99002

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0639.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	99003

Looking forward for hibernation season to end!
Until then
Happy Trails

MainelyUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Vaughn View Post
We went with a Carolina Carport 18 x40 fully enclosed. I then had a metal fabricator build me a pair of doors. I can back in, open the slides, and close the doors and ride out a hurricane. The concrete pad underneath that it is bolted to plus hurricane tie downs makes it all secure. I went to a mobile home supply place and bought a mobile home door and installed that in the side of the building. Without having to open the big doors. They are steel and heavy. Should I ever do it again I will go with a 45' length as the 5th wheels are getting longer and longer.....
Yeah, that's a humdinger carport! We don't have concrete, just gravel. You did run 50 amp power out there right?!? And water?
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #24
Usually Confused Member

I finished installing the lights in my cover today. Didn't know I was finished (had planned on four overhead lights) but once I saw it at night I satisfied it will be adequate for anything I would need to be doing out there after dark. Next project is installing LED floodlights at each end shining away from the cover. At least, when I get the time. Being retired keeps me way too busy.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #25
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyUS View Post
I love all the pics of your structures.
We have been planning a structure for the TT and farm equipment but with the price of such a structure we decided to rent a portion of a "horse" barn at a local fair grounds with conc floor, elec. and security. Renting vs owning....5 months of rent equals 1 month loan payment. Downside...it's not in my back yard.....maybe someday we will build a structure for the TT and equipment.
Attachment 99002

Attachment 99003

Looking forward for hibernation season to end!
Until then
Happy Trails
I like that setup, but do you have a problem with dust? I had to quit keeping my enclosed utility trailer in my barn because of all the flying dust.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #26
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I like that setup, but do you have a problem with dust? I had to quit keeping my enclosed utility trailer in my barn because of all the flying dust.
During the summer/fall season the setup for this building is portable 10x10 stalls each with rubber mats and bedding. Once the season is over the building is cleaned and ready for the "hibernation" season. There is no dust, cobwebs or any signs of animal habitants. There is elec if you want to keep your battery on a trickle charger but everyone removes theirs and H2O but why would one need it... the TT is hibernating. You must remove all LP tanks for obvious reasons.
It's a great deal.

Happy Trails
MainelyUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #27

camper carport

Carolina Carport.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OLDDIGGERS View Post

Carolina Carport.
I Like It !!!
I would like to do something like that this spring,,, can you tell me the size of yours,,, and how many anchors you have ??? THANKS !!!
Old 02-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #29

carport, trailer

34' long/14'high@ center/14' opening. 8 anchors.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:58 PM   #30
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2OLDDIGGERS View Post
34' long/14'high@ center/14' opening. 8 anchors.
I hope you mean 8 anchors per side. I was told that "code" (and the manufacturers) required a minimum of one anchor between each vertical post, with the anchors alternating from inside to outside positions.

In my deliberations prior to settling on a builder I learned that most carports are sold based on leg height. Mine has 11 foot legs but one side of the legs are actually 5.5 inches higher to compensate for slope. If I measure 18 inches in from the side I have a clearance of 12' 9" at the top. The center has a clearance of 14' 9" and measuring out from there I get 13' 10" at 2.5 feet. My TT is 12.5 feet at the top of the a/c unit so there is no problem when I park it with the left side about two feet from the edge. If I got a unit with the 13.5 height I'll have to be sure to park it in the center.

Tags
camper, show