Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2016, 03:50 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Thanks for the info !!!
I plan to try to find a Co. that does business in Michigan !!!
I'm sure there should be some locally based companies near you. Many roofing companies also build the carports. You could find some already built in your area and ask the owner for recommendations.

I'm pretty sure most of the internet sales sites are just a few people sitting in an office somewhere taking the order and forwarding it to the closest contractor. The contractor I used said he wouldn't work with the "brokers" because he felt the actual supports and base pieces were low quality. You might pay a little more using a local builder, but what's the value of the RV being covered.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:05 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
40' X 18' with 12' legs. Sides have 6' of metal from the top.

All slides can be out.

I ordered my two sheds in person from a local dealer who sold TNTCarports. This store had 8-12 models on display. Salesman wrote the orders for the sheds and took 15%. TNTCarports did the scheduling via phone from Mt. Airy, NC and sent a contractor crew from central Texas 200 miles to my place with shed materials for 3-4 customers' orders. They were later than scheduled but did a great job. Four years later I needed the shed "tallerized" and they sent a different crew who also did a great job.

Sent (I think)

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:22 PM   #43

We went with a pole barn from Morton Builders. We wanted something fully enclosed and insulated and after pricing similar size structures from Carolina Carport we decided to go with Morton. It did cost more, but it should be here forever.

When we were searching for a Diesel Pusher a few years back, one of the things that held us back on buying a newer unit was not having anywhere to keep it out of the elements. We ended up scoring an older model at a good price and decided we would wait until we could put up a cover of some sort to step up. As luck would have it, we realized right about the time we ordered the building that our usage had changed. We sold the Motorhome after finding the 5er we liked. We feel very fortunate to park a new fiver indoors and that was what swayed our decision to buy new versus used.

The materials were just delivered today, but if the weather cooperates it should be completed in a few weeks. As of now, all I have is the rendering....

The "virtual building" works well for the "virtual Sandpiper" as we don't have it yet either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1455646500.956919.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	99697

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, show