Old 09-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #1

Shower question

OK maiden voyage over the past weekend was a blast. 233s is a real gem and we love it so far.....BUT the first evening as the wife is taking her shower we noticed a lot of water running off the wall of the shower onto the rim and all over the floor. The curtain we have doesn't seem to protect very well and by the time my 2 daughters took their showers there was water everywhere. At first I thought they...little ones... were just horsing around too much for that small shower but my wife assured me that they were careful not to get wild with the water. My concern is how to "beef up" the sides of the shower where the water falls down the wall onto the rim and do most folks replace the factory shower curtain with a better type. That seems like a logical start to fix this problem but man that was alot of water coming down the sides of the tub.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #2

if you are havnig a problem keeping the curtain in the tub, here is a extender to give you more room
Extend-A-Shower Expanding Shower Rod - Item - Camping World

Old 09-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #3

Click here and scoll down to a post by 4Jeeperz.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #4

Thanks for the info...but the real problem seems to exist when the water hits the wall of the shower where the hose and head are it runs down to the junction of the floor pan then runs out the side into the floor. I finally got to thinking maybe I am not as level side to side camper wise as I thought ...so I checked and all was level. So the real concern to me is that the installation of the shower is not level or the floor for that matter...being low on the comode side (or right side getting in). If that is the case, I am not sure what to do about it. Suggestions???
Old 09-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #5

Sorry Milzat....I was posting as you came in. You have the idea to my problem and that looks like a fix. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #6

Often the junction between the wall panel and the base is not caulked. Even with the deflector you may still get water flowing behind the wall panel. The plexiglass guard shown in the photo referanced by Milzat is available generally at home centers as a retrofit for use in your home. As you suspect it would be worthwhile to change the slope on the base. You would likely have to remove the wall panels to do it. It maybe a fair amount of work but probably worth it. It would be best to actually create a bit of reverse slope to encourage the water to run back in. In the units I have seen the base sits on a wood platform. It should be quite easy to change the slope of the platform once the base is out. I have worked in the home renovation industry for over 30 years and we use the same technique in homes.

Mike