Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #1

Shwintek Slide Lube

I see many contradictory posts, some say dry lube, others say no lube. Mine operates fine, However it has the some minor squeaks and groans and Id like to quiet it down a bit if I could. SO is it safe to lube it? Thanks!
ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I see many contradictory posts, some say dry lube, others say no lube. Mine operates fine, However it has the some minor squeaks and groans and Id like to quiet it down a bit if I could. SO is it safe to lube it? Thanks!
Watch the y-tube video from LCI, they show you what to use and how to do it, that's from LCI not an opinion from members, then judge for yourself

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #3

Well Mine seems like it works on a Hydraulic ram on all three slides? I don't see a motor anywhere to lube, this is for a 2018 cherokee 304bh limited. I think I saw that video, but mine looks different then that..
Old 08-19-2018, 03:30 PM   #4

Then you do not have Shwintec You need two motors at the top which connect to a rod with a gear at the top and bottom, I believe they recommend a ptf lube which is not dry on the upper gear also same on the bottom but no motor just a gear attached to the bottom of the rod. You have 2 racks attached to the slide each side. Hope that makes sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
Well Mine seems like it works on a Hydraulic ram on all three slides? I don't see a motor anywhere to lube, this is for a 2018 cherokee 304bh limited. I think I saw that video, but mine looks different then that..

Old 08-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #5

I have what looks like a hydraulic ram, about 4' long or so with a wire /hose going into each end. I have no motor that I can see. So what system Do I have.. Hmmmm, I need to look at my paperwork
Old 08-20-2018, 02:26 AM   #6

You might have hydraulic, do you have a hydraulic level up system? If you take a picture I can then tell you for sure, it is probably either LCI Mechanical or hydraulic there about 4 major systems.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #7

Funny coincidence, I was just getting ready to post a question on lubing the Schwintech slide drives when I saw this. It sounds like the OP has something different than I have so if the OP feels this is hijacking, please let me know and I'll open a new thread.

I have viewed the Lippert YouTube videos on lubricating the drive gears and I want to do the job properly. However, when I fold back the seals I can't see the drive gears. I have bent the tube on my PTF spray can but have no idea if I'm actually hitting the gear and the guide components. Any suggestions on how to ensure I'm hitting the right spot?
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #8
clr

As Witch Doctor has stated LCI recommends a dry silicon lub with PTFE for the Shwintec type slide. I spray the tracks and then at the top I pull the slide seal aside a little and you can see the motor and gear and I also spray the gear. This works great for me and the slide does not make any noise when you do this.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry2c View Post
Funny coincidence, I was just getting ready to post a question on lubing the Schwintech slide drives when I saw this. It sounds like the OP has something different than I have so if the OP feels this is hijacking, please let me know and I'll open a new thread.

I have viewed the Lippert YouTube videos on lubricating the drive gears and I want to do the job properly. However, when I fold back the seals I can't see the drive gears. I have bent the tube on my PTF spray can but have no idea if I'm actually hitting the gear and the guide components. Any suggestions on how to ensure I'm hitting the right spot?
Mine is really the same way, a dry lube would be alright on the tract itself in my opinion. But to answer you I can't see the gear either, so I just spray above the tract, the gear is in line with the tract. I had the factory show me at the rally, benign one side I can't get to. If I have a problem and have to disconnect the motor without removing all the trim I would need a stick to pull the wires. I really do not like the system, but they have stated that mine is the second generation and they really have not had a major problem with them like the first. Let me tell you I do cross my fingers and everything else when I open and close, very important count to 5 after you extend or retract before you release the button. That will keep it in sync, because it counts revolutions. That was the biggest problem creating failures is what Coachmen told me. Hope that helps you also. Safe and carefree travels to you and yours.[emoji41]

Old 08-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #10

Thanks Witch Doctor

I had some calls with Schwintech last year when I had a problem with the slide out and they stressed the "wait 5 seconds" part as well. In my case it wasn't a sync problem - one of the motor control wires went bad and it stopped driving the forward side of the slide. Repaired under warranty and I am hoping that I have no further issues with the slide.
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide