Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstillman View Post
Remember, it’s not yours until you scratch it. Justi enjoy.
So true! Never thought about it that way!
Jmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmalotte View Post
My first self-inflicted damage didn't even happen when using the TT. I misjudged how far down the slide-out skirt was and dented it in... with the lawnmower
My Montana was hit by the lawn guy on his mower. A neighbor saw it and told me. I informed the CG and was told nothing they could but give me the number of the contractor. Contractor said his guy said he hit nothing. He said/he said ~~ I paid!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:22 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmalotte View Post
My first self-inflicted damage didn't even happen when using the TT. I misjudged how far down the slide-out skirt was and dented it in... with the lawnmower
I have cautioned my wife about that very thing!! I can't watcher her all the time, it's hot out there.
I John 5:13
2007 Silverback 30LSTS
2006 F250 Super Duty Crew 6.0
Rollin Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:28 AM   #104

First time out with our new to me Puma 253 5th Wheel I got in a tight spot with a small trailer behind the camper. I only needed to back up a foot to gain enough room for the truck to clear. Everything went good backing up........ however the new angles made the trailer contact the camper on the rear corner enough to crease the corner and put a dent in the siding as I pulled forward.
wiersy111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
My Montana was hit by the lawn guy on his mower. A neighbor saw it and told me. I informed the CG and was told nothing they could but give me the number of the contractor. Contractor said his guy said he hit nothing. He said/he said ~~ I paid!
That is what I believe happen to my TT while in storage the grounds keeper hit the Jskirt with his zero turn of course he said he didn't....It wasn't all that bad and I was able to use my Harbor Freight dent puller and a rubber hammer to pound out the dents...Oh and I bought a dent vent to hide the gouge...It turned out pretty good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood UnFixed Damage.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	174943   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood Fixed Damage.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	174944  
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejs4029 View Post
That is what I believe happen to my TT while in storage the grounds keeper hit the Jskirt with his zero turn of course he said he didn't....It wasn't all that bad and I was able to use my Harbor Freight dent puller and a rubber hammer to pound out the dents...Oh and I bought a dent vent to hide the gouge...It turned out pretty good
Oh, now that's clever. And it looks good too.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:49 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murbella7 View Post
Right on. After the first ding, the rest come easy.
Hope we are not talking the trailer demolition derby!
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #108

Good work! There is no way to tell it had a gouge in the first place!
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #109

I use to work with a guy that said the very first thing he did with every brand new car he bought was to kick it hard enough to put a dent in it - that way he could stop stressing over when the first ding happened!
Just Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mike View Post
I use to work with a guy that said the very first thing he did with every brand new car he bought was to kick it hard enough to put a dent in it - that way he could stop stressing over when the first ding happened!
Sounds like the guy had zero pride of ownership. But hey, it's his money and he can do as he wishes with it.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #111

Well, today I earned the not so coveted Alexander Award (you know like Alexander Dumas and how we pronounced it back in the 7th grade). We've been on an extended journey to Colorado to visit the son. Today, on our way home, I pulled into a Pilot and filled up. Unfortunately, I clipped the guard post with my waste pipe which sticks out about 4 inches past the underside of the trailer. I think this is because they didn't adjust anything at the dealer when they added the camlock for the Waste Master RV Sewer Hose system. Anyway, it popped the fittings where the valves for the black and gray water connect and broke the pipe from the gray water. Of course, it was a mess. Luckily we had flushed the system the day before and we only had a small amount of black water but lots of gray water, we both showered. We had to cut our trip short. It's along haul but we're heading home tomorrow. Maybe I can get it in the shop this week. I also smashed the lens of the running light above the hose.

So, Yes!! I'm an Alexander!! full blown!! I admit it. I wonder how much this is going to cost me and how long it will take to get repaired. Luckily we don't have any trips planned for next month.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #112
Who Dares, Wins

I broke my valve once pulling out of the driveway. Got a few pieces from a local rv dealer and pipe from home depot. They only had pvc, no abs. So some pvc and black spray paint and an hour or so of my time and I was good to go.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:44 PM   #113
2012 Solera

These things- available at our Home Depot - come in various diameters and neck-downs:

https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Rubbe...+flex+coupling

Very useful for fixing / patching up “oopses”.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #114

Last year I ran over what looked like the lid from a large plastic tote at about 65 mph. It broke the drain pipe off of the outside of the 3” valve and bent the left rear stabilizer. Fortunately there was no spill.

We discovered the broken pipe after we were set up at the campground. We couldn’t use the toilet, shower or sinks for about three days. I ordered parts from Amazon and got a piece of pipe at Lowe’s. It was good as new before we headed home.

2017 Rockwood 2703WS - Sold
2015 Keystone Sprinter 333FWFLS
2017 F250, 6.2 Gas, 3.73 Axle, 2902 lb Payload
If women don't find you handsome, at least they should find you handy!
andymil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by revbilly View Post
Well, today I earned the not so coveted Alexander Award (you know like Alexander Dumas and how we pronounced it back in the 7th grade). We've been on an extended journey to Colorado to visit the son. Today, on our way home, I pulled into a Pilot and filled up. Unfortunately, I clipped the guard post with my waste pipe which sticks out about 4 inches past the underside of the trailer. I think this is because they didn't adjust anything at the dealer when they added the camlock for the Waste Master RV Sewer Hose system. Anyway, it popped the fittings where the valves for the black and gray water connect and broke the pipe from the gray water. Of course, it was a mess. Luckily we had flushed the system the day before and we only had a small amount of black water but lots of gray water, we both showered. We had to cut our trip short. It's along haul but we're heading home tomorrow. Maybe I can get it in the shop this week. I also smashed the lens of the running light above the hose.

So, Yes!! I'm an Alexander!! full blown!! I admit it. I wonder how much this is going to cost me and how long it will take to get repaired. Luckily we don't have any trips planned for next month.
Sorry you encountered such a crappy situation. One of many great things about a diesel is fueling with the big guys and having plenty of room along with having an aux fuel tank so you fill far fewer times. Hope the repair is fast and cheap....
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote