Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 2,326
*sigh*

Man, I am getting tired of replacing windows in this truck.



This is the second drivers window I've had to replace. First time was when it was stolen. Then the tail gate glass the night before we were to leave for Holiday World last year. Toss in a headlight lens and a taillight lens, an now this (again)

No, I'm not feudin' with the neighbors. My riding mower kicked up a rock and bullseyed the door glass. I even got it on my security cameras.

I've been finding glass pebbles in this truck for going on 2 years. will it never end?

Tim
__________________

__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/
2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss44444444"And Cowracer is right..." - Bikendan
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Sorry to hear about replacing the window especially more than once. Why and how did someone steal it the other time? Can you move the truck to a safer spot when lawn work is being done?

I had to replace a back door window after the lawn guy cut the grass. The worst part is that he didn't say anything to me but the blades of cut grass in the broken glass was a clue.
__________________

__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
ARLO
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: N Chili, NY
Posts: 557
Were you using a blade guard, or is this vehicle just a merde magnet?
__________________
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Man, I am getting tired of replacing windows in this truck.



This is the second drivers window I've had to replace. First time was when it was stolen. Then the tail gate glass the night before we were to leave for Holiday World last year. Toss in a headlight lens and a taillight lens, an now this (again)

No, I'm not feudin' with the neighbors. My riding mower kicked up a rock and bullseyed the door glass. I even got it on my security cameras.

I've been finding glass pebbles in this truck for going on 2 years. will it never end?

Tim
I feel for ya Tim ...for us, our TV is a target for tailgate mashers

In the past 6 months someone has run into our truck TWICE while in a parking lot and done over $1K damage each time

It is to the point we are parking as far out as we can and BACKING in to the parking places that abut the curbs.
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
rattleNsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Connecticut
Posts: 1,571
Nice 4 gauge pillar pod...... Now it's time to install Ford's bullet-proof glass option.
__________________
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:24 PM   #6
Member
 
Lynkage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,149
Oh that just sucks!!

Sorry that you are experiencing these problems..
__________________
Shane & Antoinette
2012 Ford F-450 SuperDuty
2013 Crusader 355BHQ
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
cogito ergo moo
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Sorry to hear about replacing the window especially more than once. Why and how did someone steal it the other time?
.
Details here ***stolen truck! Please read***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlocicero View Post
Were you using a blade guard, or is this vehicle just a merde magnet?
Yes. to both. I swear, some times I feel like if it was raining (*slang for mommy parts*), I'd get hit with a (*slang for daddy part*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
Nice 4 gauge pillar pod...... Now it's time to install Ford's bullet-proof glass option.
I spent all my money on a bullet-proof transmission. Got nothing left for bullet-proof glass.

Tim
__________________

__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/
2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss44444444"And Cowracer is right..." - Bikendan
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.