Old 10-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
jlf

Silverback 33rl ladder

We just received our 2014 Silverback 33rl last month. We did not pay too much attention to the back ladder. We have never had a RV that had a back bumper, so the ladder always went all the way down. Our silverback's ladder stops before the bumper. Could someone please tell me is this normal? My hubby says it is because you use the bumper as the first step. We also think that it was bent at the dealer either backing up or when they got on the roof to do the satellite. If this is the way the bumper is, what suggestions does anyone have regarding that first step. Hubby can manage now, but I don't know about the future.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 PM   #2

I use the bumper as the first step on mine
Do you have a picture of the ladder, I do not think they come bent from the factory...

Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
jlf

Here is a picture of the back ladder. You really can't tell the ladder is bent, it is by the top of the window. Next time we are up in Ocala where our RV is, we will take more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 10-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
jlf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlf View Post
We just received our 2014 Silverback 33rl last month. We did not pay too much attention to the back ladder. We have never had a RV that had a back bumper, so the ladder always went all the way down. Our silverback's ladder stops before the bumper. Could someone please tell me is this normal? My hubby says it is because you use the bumper as the first step. We also think that it was bent at the dealer either backing up or when they got on the roof to do the satellite. If this is the way the bumper is, what suggestions does anyone have regarding that first step. Hubby can manage now, but I don't know about the future.
Here is a picture of the back ladder. You really can't tell the ladder is bent, it is by the top of the window. Next time we are up in Ocala where our RV is, we will take more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	41230  
Old 10-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #5

Yes you have to use the bumper for the first step. When I'm in a site where the ground drops off at the rear of the trailer I have a small folding stool that I use to get my foot up to the bumper.

Here's a pic of the ladder on our Silverback.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote